“Pleasant Patio, decent food”

Farnsworth House Tavern
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Patio, decent food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had an enjoyable patio-dining experience on the patio at the Farnsworth House Inn/Tavern. The weather was warm, overcast and threatening, but under the cover of the patio roof and trees there was a comfortable atmosphere. Our waitress was wonderful and attentive. We tried the crab cake sandwich and the fish and chips. Both were tasty and affordably priced.

The Inn is also a B&B with dining rooms and the Tavern. We enjoyed the experience enough to make a reservation at the B&B for our wedding anniversary in November. We don't expect the patio to be warm and pleasant in November, but the dining rooms and Tavern are attractive to us.

Binghamton, New York
“Nice Outside Seating area.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our first evening in Gettysburg we decided to enjoy the beautiful day and eat outside at the Farnsworth. We had our 3 year old grand-daughter and thought it would be a good option for her as she could look at the garden and ponds while waiting for dinner.

Our server was very sweet and helpful. She constantly checked on us and was more than helpful when my grand-daughter spilled her chocolate milk!

Food was decent overall and reasonably priced.

While you are there take the time to visit the ponds are gardens. Very pretty and way in the back is a wall of bird houses!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank joenronnie
Linthicum, MD
“Good food but not great”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We ate here on a recent trip to Gettysburg PA. In the past it has normally been very full and required a wait but today we were able to walk right in. The appetizer we had was very good, a shrimp chowder, and so was the bread with apple butter they served before the meal. The main course, however, was not so good. I had their signature dish, the game pie and my wife had the meatloaf. Neither of these dishes were very good. The game pie was down right awful. The service and ambiance was very good. I would go back, I just would not eat these dishes.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Historic Schtick”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Enjoyable. I like the outside dining. The food was fine. The pumpkin fritters were a treat. I recommend those. They are an appetizer, but more like a dessert. My wife and I sat outside on a comfortable evening.

Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Wonderful outdoor seating area.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We enjoyed a delightful lunch in the outdoor area which is quite charming. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. I had the peanut soup with a small salad for a lighter lunch, both quite good. Spouse had the game pie with sweet potato pudding and loved both. I thought the prices were quite reasonable for a resort area.