“Historically charming atmosphere; acceptable food”

Farnsworth House Tavern
Ranked #15 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Historically charming atmosphere; acceptable food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were delighted to stumble upon this restaurant while walking around Gettysburg. The quaint shady patio is just what we were looking for. The wait staff was dressed in period costume, which added to the charm. Unfortunately, I found those things to be the best aspects of this restaurant. Our waitress was not rude but was not friendly either. We asked questions about the menu and she offered little response and no personality. I would say the food was acceptable, but not very good. My salad was like an ordinary side salad you would get at a pizza place. Mashed potatoes did not taste homemade...(though we had asked if they were before ordering and were told that they were). Gravy was pretty good. Bread didn't seem all that fresh. Turkey and roast beef were okay but just tasted like average lunch meat. They do seem to have a fly problem outside and could maybe use a few fly deterrents hanging around the patio.

Dunkirk, New York
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stopped here for a late lunch/early dinner. Ate outside in the "garden" area. Food was very good and great servers also.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Nice outdoor seating area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Worth a visit where you can sit and people watch while u sip on a brew. Nice outside seating area. Meatloaf was good but the portion was small. Give it a shot.

• Visited August 2013
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Historic building, friendly waitstaff and bartenders. Ice cold beverages hit the stop on a hotJuly day. Enjoyed the French dip sandwich and it was very good, my dad had the hot roast beef sandwich and said it was good as well.

• Visited July 2013
Long Island,NY
“Great food and service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was not sure that I would visit this restaurant based on some reviews I read. I am glad my niece convinced me to try it. We went there during the week,so we had no problem being seated for dinner. Nice period location. Our server both days was Teresa and she was very efficient and friendly.The nights we were there they offered a wonderful tasting potato,bacon and cheddar soup.The "Slippery Chicken Pot Pie"was very tasty and the salad was very good.The prices were reasonable for the dinner.