“Awful!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Do not eat here! Sounded like a neat place to go, but extremely disappointed. We all ordered the Chicken pot pie, which actually was like a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup! Not to mention it cost $10!! Also, ordered an appetizer of "sweet bread" which was actually ice cold pound cake, I guess. Save your time and money...you could buy all this at Walmart I'm sure.

1  Thank Runnergirl26

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Dirty glasses...Guinness poured wrong...and the roasted turkey sandwich seamed like heated Oscar Meyer sandwich meat with canned gravy poured over the top. Bland. Friendly bartender though!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were disappointed that the Farnsworth House Tavern was so busy that we never got to eat dinner there, but lunch was very tasty and eating it surrounded by props from the movies Gettysburg & Gods & Generals was fun!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

RUDE, WAITED FOR AN AGE. This was the worse experience of dining I think I've ever had.
I was horrified by the rude manager, who actually came out to see why we were unhappy (1.5 hour wait, cold, bland food) and then she decided to argue with us and defend herself saying she was the cook and the food was good and it came out as soon as it was ready!

I don't want to know about your excuses, I DO NOT want you to attempt to shown me up in front of my 16 friends. None of us will come again.

You have not only lost us, but all our contacts too.

Rude woman!

3  Thank R E
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family is in town and this restaraunt was recommended. We went looking forward to the period costumes and a stories about the house. The food was mediocre and the service was awful. We had to request our drinks to be refilled more than once. In the middle of taking our order the waitress turned around and checked on the table behind her. She forgot part of our order and we had to ask for the missing items. We had to wait for the check and when it came the gratuity had been added to the check do to our family size. (7). This waitress did not earn her gratuity. This was an expensive and disappointing meal.

3  Thank Amy G