“4 Star Hotel with 3 Star Rating”
Review of Wyndham Gettysburg

Wyndham Gettysburg
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed May 31, 2010

AAA rates this hotel with 3 Diamonds and it is clearly a 4 Diamond hotel!! I stayed at a similar rated hotel in Secaucus NJ and they aren't even onthe same planet!! This hotel is impressive from entrance to exit. Fabulous accomodations with an excellent mattress, LARGE pool and hot tub, GREAT restaurant, and the MOST accommodating staff I have have encountered! And the rates! They gave me a rate which was incredible. What a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,624)

Reviewed May 12, 2010

We stayed for the weekend for a wine festival and brought our bulldog. They were extremely accommodating for our dog. Every staff member in sight went out of their way to say hello to us and our dog. Very clean and well kept hotel. Nice restaurants within walking distance too.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My family of four just returned from a three day stay at the Wyndham. We were truly impressed by the hotel and the staff. The lobby, pool, and room were well appointed with just the right touches -clean, comfortable beds, glass front shower stall. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. They not only provided us with reservations for dinner at the Dobbins House,and discount tickets to the nearby movie theater; but they also brought us two cups of coffee at check in when we remarked that we were tired after our long drive. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and liked its location. It was a great value for the money. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband, daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel after visiting Gettysburg College. The front staff were extremely friendly and courteous. I was exhausted and not feeling well. I appreciated the fast and easy check in and I cannot put into words how happy I was to get into a clean, spacious room. The bed was SO comfortable, the linens were pristine - I was amazed!
We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2010

PROS: New building which coincides with the cleanliness - fairly large.
Buffet Breakfast was good, even though you may wait a really long time and be ignored as you're waiting to be seated.

CONS: Service, service, service. I've stayed at many hotels, and decided to pay a little extra for this one in Gettysburg to get something a little above the average. There aren't a lot of nice hotels in Gettysburg so this was the nicest one that I found from my little research. The first room we received looked great from the outside. But when we tried to take a shower(this was in FEBRUARY), the water was cold. OK, no big deal, we'll just ask for another room because there is no hot running water. We call them, and they tell us that because our rooms were at the end of the building, hot running water doesn't reach to us...sorry. I mean c'mon, do you really think we're that stupid? How can you run a hotel and give us that lame reason...and if that were to be true then perhaps they should just show us to another room! It was like pulling teeth to get another room for something so basic. The staff seemed young, unprofessional and completely clueless. I asked for their manager, and they took forever to get back to us. I just thought it was ridiculous we had to fight to get another room for something as trivial as this...

BOTTOM LINE: This was the first hotel I've ever filed a complaint over. Wyndham didn't respond to me the first time, and when I wrote again a month later to follow up, they finally responded. Their saving grace was a certificate for a free stay at one of their chains. I thought that was a nice gesture, but doesn't change the fact that I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank slee06
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed at the Wyndham Gettysburg for two nights while in town visiting the battlefield and historic sites. This hotel far exceeded expectations! The rooms were spacious and clean, the staff friendly and the location fabulous for Gettysburg tourism! The Old Eagle Grill was over-rated and over-priced, but that would be my only complaint. Otherwise the Wyndham was fabulous! I would recommend to anyone visiting the area!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We had read the glowing reviews about this hotel and were looking forward to experiencing it for ourselves. Well, we have to say this hotel exceeded our expectations. From the extremely friendly front desk staff, to the beautiful clean room we were given, this hotel was top notch and a real pleasure to stay in for two nights. Even though we won the hotel on Priceline we received first rate treatment. Our room and the hotel in general was extremely clean and beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. The patriotic carpeting thoughout the hotel and paintings of historical figures in American history fit perfectly with the historical significance of the Gettysburg area. We enjoyed using the pool and jacuzzi both nights we were there. There was one computer/printer available for guests which I imagine would get crowded during the summer months. Also a coin operated laundry/dryer facilities which come in handy. A restaurant on premisis which we didn't use but looked like a nice place to have a meal or breakfast. We would gladly return to this hotel the next time we visit Gettysburg. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple