“Lovely” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Sidney, Ohio
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2014 via mobile

Visited Gettysburg for the first time. Spent the day touring the military battlefield. Afterward, we headed for the Wyndham for a restful evening. My husband reserved the room and I must say that I had to give him kudos on this one. The Wyndham was absolutely lovely. And our room was just perfect. Highly recommend the Wyndham.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad to hear you had a nice visit to Gettysburg and you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again on your next visit to Gettysburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Aliquippa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

Second time staying at this location. Both times for a getaway weekend. Rooms are clean and comfortable. No complaints. I would definitely recommend staying here. A little bit outside of the town of Gettysburg buy I would stay nowhere else.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you are a returning guest and that you enjoyed your stay with us again! We look forard to welcoming you back soon.
Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

Just brought our daughter to Gettysburg for her Freshman year. We have stayed in a few hotels in G-Burg - this is the best so far. Everyone was very pleasant, the room was comfortable and clean. Internet service was pretty good. Overall a very good value!

1 Thank bogoxl
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with your daughter.
Sunnyside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

My little family (hubby and 1 year old toddler) stayed here for Labor Day weekend and it was such a beautiful place staffed with such friendly people! My husband was a bit weary of all the haunted places in downtown Gettysburg and it didn't help that some of our friends were saying even the buildings that weren't there during the battle are haunted I knew we would be more comfortable further away (but not too far!) from these ghostly places I also wanted some place big enough just in case my toddler got fussy, I wouldn't be bothering someone else next to us or that it would be heard through out the whole building as it could easily be the case at a bed and breakfast. So this option fit the bill on all of my requirements and I was able to enjoy my stay.

The restaurant 1863 that is inside the hotel is beautiful and such a nice place to have breakfast we ate there every morning! The staff there was so accommodating and friendly. The food was great! We really felt it was comparable to the Ritz in Fort Lauderdale, the same quality of food and service!

The only thing I didn't like was that I was charged for making a local 717 phone call to order delivery the night we stayed (it was too late to get some food downstairs) what gives? but over all I had a great time!

The hotel is beautiful, clean and very spacious. I definitely recommend for families looking for a place to stay in Gettysburg.

Room Tip: try to stay in a room by the elevator, ours was waaay out of the way it literally took us almost 10...
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our 1863 Restaurant and had a nice dining experience. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Torrance, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Very nice room. The only negative was the air conditioning. The meeting room was so cold you had to wear a jacket. Someone (perhaps cleaning service) kept turning the air conditioner to 65 degrees. The location of hotel was very convenient to shopping and historical landmarks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased that you chose us to host your convention and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the air conditioning issues you encountered. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow-up with this. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

The accommodations at the hotel were very nice. Most of the staff were helpful. Only complaints: no refrigerator in the room and no outdoor seating area. My husband and I and son wanted to sit outside occasionally! overall, very nice experience!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be pleased to hear that we are in the process of putting outside seating in the Gateway Complex so our guests may enjoy the beautiful outdoors. We also provide mini fridges upon request. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Gettysburg visit.