New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Clean, comfortable, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the local wine festival. Convenience with a capital C if you are going to this venue. You could walk from wine festival to hotel, in the parking lot..no streets, no traffic and no driving. That is top notch. We had a huge corner room, two queen size beds, large large bathroom. The carpeting looked brand new in every part of the hotel. We used the pool in the evening and it was clean and comfortable, the hot tub was hot like it should be. We had breakfast in the morning and the omlette station was backed up, the restaurant was full and only two omlette plates being made at once tends to back things up. The food on the breakfast buffet was not extensive but served its purpose....pancakes, french toast, salmon and bagels, fresh fruit, maple sausage, bacon, eggs and salsa for your eggs which I love. Crab was the omlette special along with western and ham and cheese. Something for everyone I would say.

Room Tip: Corner room was huge lots of space, big window.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our property as well as your stay with us. I understand your concerns with the backup at the breakfast buffet. I will be sure to follow-up with your concerns regarding this. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice place to stay. liked the decorations themed around Gettysburg. convenient to all the historical sites. movie theatre across street for a nice winddown at night. restaurants nearby. price was competitive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a nice visit with us and enjoyed the decor. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a few days in Gettysburg, and we decided to stay at the Wyndham because of the great Tripadvisor reviews. Trust me-- we were not disappointed! I feel that this hotel actually made our trip more enjoyable than if we had stayed elsewhere!! Everything is very new and modern but there's a historical "feel" to the hotel. This was one of the most cleanly hotels I've ever stayed in. Room service was on key each night we stayed; we never ran out of towels or bathroom supplies. The bathroom was stocked with Bath & Body Works shampoos and lotions. Our room was very large, which was a great bargain for the price we paid. And I can honestly say the bed was so comfortable that I woke up feeling more refreshed than I do at home. Although we didn't use the fitness center (vacation laziness kicked in), we did check it out and were very impressed with it compared to most hotel fitness centers. Although the hotel isn't located right near the battlefields, the drive isn't far at all and you're still near lots of shopping/restaurants to compensate. We can't wait to go back to Gettysburg and will certainly stay at the Wyndham each time we go. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our property as well as your stay. I will share your kind words with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Wyndham Gettysburg while visiting the Battleground and Museum. I had been on an extended road trip and was very pleasantly surprised by the Wyndham. It was by far the friendliest, most refreshing place I had stayed in over a month. The staff was particularly helpful, welcoming me and my little poodle with warmth and enthusiasm, even at the end of a busy day. The front desk remembered my name, and my dogs, throughout my two day stay, and the hostess, Linda, and the waitress, Bridgit, were both exceptional. They were very helpful, went the extra mile, and made me really feel at home. The food was excellent and the ambience was gracious. I highly recommend this Wyndham and hope you are lucky to get Linda and Bridgit to serve you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you and your little poodle enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed your dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant. I will share your kind words with Linda and Bridget. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.