“Comfortable but disappointed!”
Review of Wyndham Gettysburg

Wyndham Gettysburg
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed April 16, 2008

If you are looking for an extremely comfortable bed and cleanliness then this is a place for you. Other that that, there is no HBO, Showtime, or any type of non commercial containing tv stations. Not even an option to rent movies. No complimentary coffee or breakfast. Was mysteriously checked out after day two of our six day stay. Was waken up on a Saturday morning by staff inquiring if we were checking out. We stated no and was given a free breakfast voucher for two for the interruption. Problems with checkout. The bill was not correct. They charged me three days instead of six. I found the receptionist rude when I made it known that I owed more. I ended up with a three part receipt and was told that I would have to come back at 9, if I wanted it on one sheet. I explained that I had to leave (going back to Virginia) and received a rather "not my problem" look. I don't think I will ever stay at this hotel due to its lack of warmth and personality.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank SafetyWoodDude
Write a ReviewReviews (2,625)

Reviewed April 13, 2008

I decided to stay at the Wyndham Gettysburg for my trip to Gettysburg.. well, that was a big mistake. It was awful. I ended up leaving to go to the Courtyard next door where I found a much more friendly and upscale environment. The courtyard was modern. The Wyndham was... unwelcoming. The people at the desk were unfriendly. I asked for directions and simply got a "here you go" with no explanation. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank ralshire
Reviewed March 31, 2008

After researching hotels in the Gettysburg area, we came across this nice hotel. Being a By Request Member, it saved us time on checking in and out, as well as provided little perks for staying with them.
Upon checking in we discovered that we were on the second floor of the hotel. While we had hoped to be on a higher floor, this did not pose an issue as we were away from the elevators, and thought we would not have any issues. However, our room was near the end of the hall and right next to the stairway. Being on the second floor this was used ALOT! On our first night there, it was very noisy and we had horrific young neighbors, who prided themselves on staying up until the wee hours of the morning. We can we do??? We decided to ignore this as this truely did not represent the clientel that was staying at this hotel. But, by Saturday early evening, it again progressed into what I nicely called, a spring break type of theme. I promptly called the office, and explained the situation. I almost was horrified to find the hotel was booked full ........ Until the nice lady at the front desk informed me that they had a room that was out of service for a lighting issue, and she would check on how quickly it would have been fixed. Within 20 minutes we were in our new room. I was pleasantly suprised to find how quickly the staff addressed our issue. They even had someone bring us our new key and assist us to the new room. For the price of this hotel, and the minor issue of one rude neighbor, they treated us as if we were in a five star hotel. That should tell you something in itself!
As for the accomodations, rooms were clean and comfy, and again, being a request member, they had a fruit plate waiting for us in our room. We also had a few drinks at the lobby bar. Again, very attentive staff!
I highly recommend the Old Eagle Grill next door for some great dining,with little to no wait, and reasonable prices.
We also took part in The Farnsworth House Ghost Walk combo. For $8 per person, this was a highlite of our trip to Gettysburg!!
Overall, the service and people of Gettysburg, and this hotel were so genuine and accomdating, I look forward to going back in the fall!!

Reviewed March 29, 2008

Before booking our room at the Wyndham, I agonized over whether to stay at a hotel or bed and breakfast. After getting a look at the town, I'm glad we decided to stay at the Wyndham. The hotel's location just a mile or two out of town is enough to get away from the noise and traffic (of course, this means you have to drive into town, so that could be a trade off if you would rather walk to downtown locations). Our room on the top floor was huge and comfortable, and we loved the soft bed and the flat screen tv. We even could occasionally access the wireless network. The pool and workout room were clean and convenient. We ordered a pizza one night from the Italian restaurant in front of the hotel (just had to run over and pick it up, and it was delicious. The hotel is no more than a five minute drive to the battlefield, and it's just a few minutes into town. We were worried when we noticed a bus full of kids unloading at the hotel one evening, but they must have been on another floor, because we hardly heard or saw anyone the whole time we were there, making for a wonderfully quiet stay. I highly recommend the Wyndham as a base of operations for a trip to Gettysburg, we will definitely be back,

1  Thank brighterworlds
Reviewed March 18, 2008

After a hard year of work, and only a weekend off, we agreed that we needed a quick weekend getaway and opted to try the new, three-month-old Wyndham Gettysburg, and am I ever glad I did!
The hotel is decorated in stately colors of red, blue, and gold. The lobby has two seating areas (one on the left and one on the right), separated by a gorgeous registration desk. Down the right hall is their restaurant and bar (horrible breakfast), and down the left hall is the elevators.
We got two connecting rooms on the fourth floor, a king bed for us and two queens for the children. The rooms are unbelievably gorgeous and feature designer furniture, feather-bed-topped mattresses, 300 thread count sheets, down-stuffed duvets, wool blankets and five pillows per bed. The bathroom has a nice shower, although small (probably not convenient for overweight people), and granite-topped vanities with Kohler faucets.
Location, location, location. The hotel is located just a mile out of downtown, yet far enough away to be a paradise of its own. It is located in a small development with a Courtyard by Marriott, two restaurants, and a movie theatre.
TRAVELERS TIPS: Try the original Ghost's of Gettysburg Tours. Also, become a member of their benefits club to receive personal touches in rooms, fruit baskets and complimentary upgrades.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank arlingtonman13
Reviewed March 17, 2008

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. My boyfriend and I traveled with 3 kids ages 3, 5 and 14 years old. The room size was perfect with 2 beds and plenty of room for the kids to run around. The location to the battlefields is very convenient at only about 5 minutes away. The italian restaurant that is right in front of the hotel is convenient and really good. The pool was a nice size and very clean and well kept with dry clean towels at all times. The decor was perfect with its colonial style that put you in the state of mind to go and sight-see. One of our favorite attractions was the Jennie Wade house and we even took the kids for the ghost tour there at night and we all loved it. The Dobbins Restaurant was really good although not very kid friendly goes as far as the menu. When we come again to visit we will stay at the Wyndham again.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank harrydo
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Nice enough. Fairly new. Fairly clean. Bed quite comfortable, but the price was too high for just a room. Parking is some distance from the hotel door.

Noisy, with children actually playing ball in the hallways.

Shower water pressure left more than a little to be desired.