“my favorite gettysburg hotel”
Review of Wyndham Gettysburg

Wyndham Gettysburg
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Gettysburg

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have stayed at the Wyndham Gettysburg multiple times, but I am just now getting around to writing a review. The property is very clean, well maintained, and is just few minutes away from the battlefields, the college and downtown Gettysburg.

The bed in the hotel was very comfortable, and we were able to get feather pillows delivered to the room since neither my wife nor I are fans of down pillows.

The lounge is a bit small, but the restaurant has some good breakfast options and offers a comfortable, casual environment.

The "gym" actually has a bit more equipment that I am used to finding in other hotels, so this is nice feature for those who like to work out when they're out of town.

The hotel is across the parking lot from a movie theater, which I think is incredibly convenient, even though I have yet to take advantage of the location.

Even though this recent trip was disrupted by a noisy group of teenagers, we will continue to choose the Wyndham when we return to Gettysburg.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the multiple amenities we offer to our guests.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I took advantage of the Groupon offer for the weekend and it was well worth it. The hotel is great with open parking and friendly staff. The cannon in the lobby is a first. Close to Gettysburg and right off I-15 at York Road.
Dinner in the restaurant was also very good, I especially enjoyed the Caesar salad, served with anchovies!! Take advantage of the discounted tickets for the movie theater across the way.
My only complaint were guests slamming doors, strong enough that I could feel it on the headboard of the bed. Maybe they can tighten up the springs on those bad boys.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to dine in our 1863 restaurant. I am glad that you enjoyed that cannon in our lobby and that we were able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

My family, including 2 children, stayed here for 2 days. We were visiting Gettysburg National Military Park. The hotel lobby is beautiful- huge chandeliers, patriotic decor and paintings. The rooms are clean and modern. The hot tub and indoor pool were nice and clean. The only thing to complain about was that the restaurant wasn't open when we stayed...but it was off season and there was 3 inches of snow on the ground...so that was understandable. I recommend this hotel! I also recommend visiting Gettysburg Natl Military Park during off season. We had the park practically to ourselves. The museum wasn't crowded and the battlefield was so quiet and peaceful...it made for a richer experience!

• Stayed: January 2013

I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations! Upon your next visit with us, please inform the front desk staff that you would like a fridge and it will be our pleasure to deliver it to your room. Again, thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Gettysburg Wyndham is a brand new building and very nicely decorated. The staff was wonderful in accommodating our large group for a conference in Jan. 2012. Everything about the property--from the rooms, to the pool, to the convention space, to the food--everything worked out perfectly and was well received by the dozens of people in our group.

In planning our event the staff was kind and always eager to please. When asked for one thing, they surprised us with huge upgrades that were not expected, but much appreciated. Bb

There is a wonderful in-house restaurant that is somewhat upscale in the downstairs lobby. In addition, a very fun lounge area--complete with an upscale bar and clustered leather chairs for networking and conversation. It is very well decorated and has the feel of an old gentleman's library. Very telling considering the Gettysburg location.

The guest rooms were very comfortable and quiet. The shower and bath were very nice, considerably larger than normally seen. The indoor pool and spa were nice as well, not special per se, but enjoyable.

My only fault with this hotel would be the distance to downtown Gettysburg and the historic sights. The hotel is on York St intersecting with the major highway. It's certainly not walking distance but the City does provide a shuttle and there is free parking. Despite this, I would still recommend the Wyndham for a stay at Gettysburg-an amazing historic town that every single American should feel required to visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words! I am so glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I am pleased that we were able to meet the needs of your conference as well. We look forward to assisting you with your meeting plans in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

A bit off of the battlefield. It is about 15 minutes away from the battlefield visitor center. A bit tough to find. Super nice though. Very clean, decorated very nicely, a very nice place. Would definitely stay here on our next visit to Gettysburg

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.