“Battlefield on Bikes”

GettysBike Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 26, 2014

From start to finish, a positive experience….Kelly was delightful to work with for reservations and details and our ride was the perfect length. A friend and I took the Yanks tour, lasting 3+ hours, and learned and absorbed more in that time than an afternoon at the museum. It was helpful to have done the museum and movie prior to the ride, which gave us an overview of the battle. Seeing it from a bike was moving and personal, especially as our guide tailored stops and information to our interests. Highly recommend Gettysbike…!

1  Thank Kris P

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We took the 4 hour tour with Bob as our guide.
Biking Ability -Do not fear the 4 hour ride! The tour has MANY stops and the hills are not bad at all. From what we saw of the tour, any less than 4 hours would result in a much diminished picture of the battle.
The Tour- incredible. Bob brought the tour to life. His quotes, his obvious passion for the history and his incredible interpretation of the events as they unfolded made a complex battle story easier to understand.
Bob explained the three days events brilliantly as "six chapters" and pieced it all together in a fascinating way.
Seeing the area by bike will give you a very human perspective of distances and terrain that you cannot get from a car tour.
Get out of the car, jump on a bike, and really get a taste of what unfolded here.
I have never taken a better tour in any National Park anywhere. Brilliant. Take the tour!

2  Thank JustCarpeDiem
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I just returned home from another trip to Gettysburg and once again the highlight my time at Gettysburg was my time and investment with GettysBike Tours. Our guide, Bob, created a tour that met our EVERY need and then he provided his expertise and improved our itinerary. He was not only extremely knowledgeable about the battlefield, but he told us stories about soldiers that were incredible. We now have a full understanding of the entire battlefield. GettysBike Tours far exceeded my expectations...............AGAIN! I am already planning on visiting Gettysburg next year and GettysBike Tours is the top tour on my list.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My daughter and I visited Gettysburg on a Thursday in April and booked a bike tour. It was one of the best times that we had on our vacation that also included a visit to Washington. The tour lasted 4 hours and was filled with interesting facts and details about the famous battle. My daughter said that learned more about American history in the four hours than she did during her entire four years in college. Bob, our guide, was great! When he learned that we were from New Orleans, he took us past the Louisiana monument and told us the story behind its design. Also, when my strap broke on my helmet, he called his daughter and she brought a new helmet right away. So accommodating! This was an amazing afternoon with my daughter that I'll always remember. I highly recommend seeing Gettysburg Battlefield on bike and Gettysbike is the perfect way to do it.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

There is surely no better way to see the battlefield than by bike. For a start, it is safe and easy terrain, rolling but not steep, and the surfaces are beautifully smooth and quiet. Unlike a car trip, where you constantly get in and get out, cutting yourself off from the sights, sounds and smells of the open air, with the bike you are "there" all the time. There being little traffic the day we went, we could ride happily side by side and chat about what we saw as we went along. It is very easy to read the numerous memorials and information panels without getting off: just put one foot down, read and move off again! The only thing you can't do by bike is Pickett's Charge, but that should be walked anyway.

Gettysbike are first rate at what they do. The price is very reasonable and the bikes are good quality and in top condition. Kelly is friendly and completely on the case, making sure that the bikes fit properly and that you have the info you need. I would reckon on 5 hours minimum to see everything and it is worth taking food, there being nothing available in the Park itself. We returned the bikes refeshed and stimulated by a wonderful day. Well done to Gettysbike!

1  Thank James O