“History with Fitness!”

GettysBike Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I really enjoyed doing the tour via a bike. I brought my own, so I was able to save $5, but my husband used their bike. It was a really fun way to see the battlefield, especially for someone like me who is such a tactile learner. We road all around got truly personal service. It was not only a great way to see the battlefield but a great way to support a small business! I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Andreaforcum

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We took an afternoon bike tour with Bob Steenstra, a registered tour guide and owner of this place. It was fantastic. Bob is a "biking" encyclopedia of the Battle of Gettysburg; I don't think there is a question that he can't answer. He also knows how to pace the ride for everyone, regardless of biking ability. We rented their bikes, and found them to be very good - Trek models with 21 speeds. They also provide helmets. I am sure we saw and experienced a lot more on bike than you would get by bus or auto tour. I highly recommend this way to see Gettysburg.

2  Thank Dale O
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We hoped to get an up close and personal tour of the Gettysburg battlefield and Gettysburg Bike Tours did just that. Being out in nature, not enclosed in a bus, was perfect for our family. We have three children ages 13, 11 and 10. My youngest has asthma so I booked a tandem bike for the two of us. They loved the combination of biking with stops along the way to learn about this historic battle. Kelly, who books the trips, was extremely helpful in recommending what options we had available. We chose the Yanks Tour as it was only three hours-perfect for kids. Bruce, our guide, was great in making it come to life. There is one significant hill to go up, Little Round Top. If you get winded, it's a manageable walk up with your bike. It's definitely a must see as the view of the entire battlefield is amazing!
Thank you Gettysburg for making this a highlight of our children's vacation!

2  Thank dgrunsten
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Our afternoon with GettysBikes was a fantastic experience. We got to see a much larger area than we could on foot, but still experience the terrain and understand how it influenced the battle as we couldn't in a car. And the guides were outstanding - very knowledgable and interesting.
The staff was all wonderful, and went above and beyond to fit our schedule. We are experienced bikers and did some hills, but there were also easy options that kids in our group had no trouble with. We brought our own bikes, but those available to rent looked fine.
Bob in particular was a phenomenal guide, and we are so glad we found this!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Bruce was an excellent tour guide. Great story teller and clearly loves the topic of the Battle of Gettysburg. The ride was easy most of the time, but two challenging hills. Was a beautiful day to ride bikes. We brought our own bikes, but our friends used the rentals and they were really good bikes. Would definitely do this again!!! Next time we will extend our ride on our own. Bring snacks and water! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!

1  Thank prlywtz_26