“Gettysbike tour”

GettysBike Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 3, 2013

What a wonderful way to visit Gettysburg! Touring by bike allows one to get a sense of the terrain and feeling of the battlefield. Jim was a terrific guide full of information. But I can't say enough about the customer service by Kelly who was so friendly and helpful from my first phone call through the entire process. When one of the group got a flat tire, she not only drove out a new bike for him, but followed the group to make sure everything was okay afterwards. After the tour was over, she offered everybody a refund because she was concerned that the flat tire ruined our experience. No kidding! Of course, nobody in the group accepted her offer.

There are newer reviews for GettysBike Tours

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was by far THE BEST tour / thing we did while we were in Gettysburg! We were there for two full days and we did a lot. Bob was absolutely fantastic! He took us around the park and stopped and gave insightful stories and many (and I mean many) locations throughout the battlefield. He put the entire battle into a visual context for us. The next time I am in Gettysburg-which will be next year- THIS is the first tour I'm going to schedule.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just finished an excellent 3 hour bike tour (Yanks Tour) at the Gettysburg Battlefield. This was an excellent way to survey the field with our very knowledgeable tour guide, Bruce. He helped me understand the different battles bringing things into perspective for me. Plenty of time for questions. The bike ride was easy enough with one hill worth the climb. There were plenty of stops so it wasn't a stiff workout except for the hill and that was short. Our group was a nice size: 5 adults and two kids. I was very pleased with this small group. Bikes were fine. It was the way I wanted to experience the battlefield and I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants the history of that time to come to life.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the way to experience Gettysburg. We will do it again as soon as we can and probably every time we go to Gettysburg in the future.

This is absolutely the best way to experience the battlefield. You get a true feeling for the terrain and what the combatants must have felt like. It's not a difficult bike ride by any means, aside from the trip up Little Round Top where I was on the lowest possible gears and laying into the pedals. Our tour guide Bob was fantastic. He not only gave us the military history and the troop maneuvers and such but he related some individual stories that have really stuck with me and that I have shared very often since our trip.

You can't go wrong with this tour. In the last year we have been to Monticello, Independence Hall, and Mt. Vernon and this tour was the best of them. For a true experience of Gettysburg you must do the bike tour!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This bike tour was really worthwhile. Our small group of 10 (4 of our family) set out with our wonderful and informative guide, Bob, in July during the 149th anniversary of the battle. The ride itself is very manageable for all ages, as we stopped at many places to hear the story unfold of the battle. Because of the anniversary, the car and bus traffic was quite heavy, so it was nice to be on the bikes avoiding traffic james and queues. We did the Yanks tour, which was perfect. Three hours was just right, which gives you more time to visit other attractions at Gettysburg. Would strongly recommend this attraction.