“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 121 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atwater
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We travel with our two dogs, so we had to sit outside on the picnic tables. Ordering was a breeze at the take out window and while I waited I saw a wonderful group of people that worked well together and doing their best to get food out quickly and accurately. Thank you!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Anchorage, Alaska
“Slow and ineffective service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

There isn't much you can say about this place. The service was pretty slow and way too ineffective. The food was below average. I would have been better serve if I walk to McDonald's across the street. They appears to be short on help and the ones they had weren't that good. My waiter had a tendency to talked to a select set of tables and to no one else. I never did get my ice tea refilled and that cost him any sort of tip money. (I gave one dollar just for show.) My chicken strips were pretty dry as if they been heated instead of freshly cooked. Not a good experience, never went back there again even although, it was located right in front of my motel.

Jamestown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant Server”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Presumably everybody knows what a Friendly's is. You don't go there for great food.

Realizing that, when I visited, I had seen way too many french fries and opted for a green salad with my sandwich. I was much impressed with the quality of the salad, no aged lettuce and cherry tomato thing, but fresh greens and such. Much better than I expected from Friendly's.

And the server was extraordinarily nice.

Turned out to be a much more pleasant experience than I expected.

Visited September 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“What's With The Seating?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have never been to a restaurant where they don't have a hostess. You get seated when a waitress is available. Then you better hope it's not crowded because they can't see to manage more than one order at a time. But the food is still good.

Westmont, Illinois
“Friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

9/2/2013

The decor is diner, 50's or 60's. Many kids, families, old people, teens, local and tourist, The food is basic and decent. The price is good. The service was friendly, a bit slow, but adequate. We didn't have any of the ice cream that Friendly's is known for. The fish and chips I had were good, but nothing special. I could have used a drink refill, but it wasn't until near the end of the meal that I was offered one.