“Why hadn't I ever gone here before?”

Cannonball Malt Shop
Ranked #11 of 15 Dessert in Gettysburg
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have lived in Gettysburg for 12 years and drive by this place about daily. I have never gone in. I don't know why. Maybe cuz I hate off street parking. Last night town was so full of tourists this was the place without a line at that moment. They serve Turkey Hill ice cream. It was great! A single scoop is huge and heavy on the cone. You can choose cake cone, sugar, or waffle. Lots of flavors of course. There are tables and benches outside to watch the people in the square. I will def go here again!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were on vacation in Gettysburg (my husband and I and our 14 year old son. During our stay, we went to this ice cream shop 3 times! We stayed at the Gettysburg Best Western on 1 Lincoln Square, and the Cannonball Malt shop is right across from the hotel next to the David Wills House Museum. It is on York Street. The owner and employees couldn't have been nicer to us and by the time we came in the third time...they recognized us! I highly recommend this ice cream shop!

1  Thank VGlassGlenside
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stopped for a quick snack. A true family run shop. Quirky decor. The food was good, Onion rings were great and the ice cream was very good. Nice service.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

For the past eleven summers I've been taking students on summer trips to the Gettysburg Military Park. A visit to the Cannonball Malt Shop has become a part of that tradition. The ice cream, as well as the service are exceptional. The 9-SCOOP, 6-TOPPING ice cream bowl on the menu called, "Dressed-to-Kill" has practially taken on the status of an urban legend on our campus. One of the first questions I'm asked by students each summer, is, 'When do we go to the Cannonball Malt Shop?' You know when kids love it, its got to be good!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!! I come here a few times a week and I love it!! The employees are wonderful and the food is incredible!! And to top it off I had the best malt of my life. If you re stopping in Gettysburg this should be your #1 stop! They also have a cannonball from the war in the side of their building! So take some time and stop in to enjoy some food, malts, and history all at the same time!

1  Thank Craig K