“Loved it!!!!”

Courtyard Gettysburg
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I brought a group of 47 from my church. We went to Lancaster, Pa to see "In the Beginning" at the Sight and Sound Theatre. The next day we went to Gettysburg to see the battlefields and other attractions. We checked into the Courtyard about 4:00pm. Our keys were not ready as the previous shift had not pulled our file for the desk clerks to process our keys. They quickly apologized and got the keys processed while the bus was unloading. I don't think that anyone waited more than 5 minutes for their keys. Our rooms were beautifully decorated and very spacious (even with the roll away I had in my room). The bathrooms were huge compared with other hotel bathrooms I have seen. Every thing was very clean. There was a small refrigerator in my room...although other guests in our group said they did not have one in their rooms. We had a private breakfast prepared for us and it was served in a meeting room. It was very good and kept well stocked while I was there. The pool was very nice for the kids. I asked the desk where I could get ice for our coolers on our bus. They took me to the kitchen and told me to help myself to all the ice I needed.

Linda Wellborn is the groups sales representative at Courtyard and she is very good at her job. She gave us coupons for free bears at Boyds Bears and arranged for a representative at Boyds Bears to bring them to our bus rather than us having to stand in line. She was willing to keep the pool opened later if we wanted. She had movie schedules waiting for us in case we wanted to see a movie at the Gateway Theatre next door. Anything I needed while I was planning this trip, she was willing to help me find a way to get it. She answered many questions and offered lots of helpful suggestions. She was great.

I would definitely bring a group or my family here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank jhwSusan_VA

Reviewed July 13, 2007

This brand new Courtyard, that shares a huge property with the Wyndham was great. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the staff helpful. A brand new multiplex cinema and two restaurants (Garibaldi's was great) and a mini-golf place were steps from the hotel's entrance. Although it is isn't right in the center of town, I highly endorse staying here.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank CeeGee
Reviewed May 25, 2007

Hotel was ok I stay in what was suppose to be a King Suite, very Small. Lobby was nice Bar was Dead I wentnext door to the Wydham , Staff was good

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank Geeman9
Reviewed April 21, 2007

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Gettysburg Courtyard...conveniently located to Gettysburg and surrounding communities. The king-sized bed was comfortable and made for a great night's sleep. The room was very clean, especially the bathroom. Lack of a micro-fridge in the room was the only drawback. Overall, a great experience...would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Migs91
Reviewed April 15, 2007

This is a lovely new hotel.
I am a very light sleeper and If you are too... you might want to check out the room first and listen to the heating system.
I checked in and didn't notice at first that the heating\cooling system was to me very loud until I tried to sleep.
The system turned on and off approximately every 15 to 20 minutes. It has a very loud sound.. like those old air conditioners use to make. (If you know what I mean) So, It felt like very time I'd fall asleep I was jolted awake by the loud burrrring sound.

I called the desk and they were very nice and told me to turn the system to off..;. which I already did but it still came on after 15 minutes... they sent a gentleman up to make sure I had turned it off. But it still came on and off.. on and off... Finally at 1 oclock I phoned the desk and they moved me to another room... but the same thing happened with it's system. The gentleman who helped me moved made sure he had it turned off...but it still burred away every 15 minutes.

SO, in the end I packed up because I had a long trip the next morning and need some sleep since I had driven a long way that day.
They were very nice and sympathetic ,, they did not charge me for the room.. and I went next door to the Wyndham at 1:30 am they checked me in and I had a great sleep with no heater/air conditioner going off and on.

So, Perhaps, it's just me... but again if your a light sleeper and I know I can't be the onlly one out there.

You might want to check on this first.!!

Sleepless Candaian at the Courtyard... and sleeping at the Wyndham in Gettysburg.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo