“THE place to stay for a perfect get-away!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cornerstone Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Cochranville, Pennsylvania
“THE place to stay for a perfect get-away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband surprised me for our 3rd anniversary trip and chose Cornerstone Farm, remembering how I raved about it after staying there with my family a number of years ago. The rooms are gorgeous, the bathrooms immaculate, and the home-cooked breakfast is amazing (you get your own chef)! If you love history, the sights of Gettysburg are conveniently nearby (Confederate troops actually camped on the property), but this is THE place to go for a get-away even if history isn't your bent. It is very quiet and you feel like you are far away from the world. The grounds are beautiful to explore, there is a lovely back deck to sit on and relax, and they even have a large-screen TV with satellite available if you wish (though why watch TV with so many things to do?) From the moment you walk in, you feel at home. Alice has thought of everything to make her guests comfortable and she is so welcoming. She even went out of her way to accommodate our schedule and plans. We were there during the Gettysburg Festival and though the town was full of motorcycles and crowds, we couldn't hear any of the noise. There is no better place to stay as a family or for a romantic couples' get-away - I've done both!

Room Tip: I have now stayed in the "Log Cabin room" twice. The bed is very comfortable and the bathr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Middle River, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

We decided to take a last minute trip to Gettysburg. After reading all the reviews and trying unsuccessfully for reservations at some other B and B's, we got a room at the Cornerstone Farm B and B. I am not one to throw around OMG!"s, but OMG!, what a fabulous find! Ali, our hostess, could not have been kinder or more accommodating. Her home is beautiful and comfy at the same time. The house is spotless! She offered dining advise, maps, battle field tour tapes and is truly a gracious lady. Breakfast, prepared by Alberta, was too much to eat but too delicious not to. You are staying on a beautiful horse farm which is so quiet at night, no traffic. We both really enjoyed our stay and have already told friends to book. You can not go wrong staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucks County, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

My daughter and I needed a quiet getaway and this was the perfect choice. Lucky for us, there were no other guests that night, so we had the house to ourselves. The house and grounds were gorgeous, we felt instantly at home (a pot of simmering spices in the kitchen helped!), and we couldn't have asked for more with regard to privacy, ambiance and attention to detail. We were able to snuggle in front of the living room fireplace, relax with a cup of tea and nap on a fluffy bed. When returning to the house that night, the front path was lit with candles in lanterns, the house lights were on and a sweet note left on the banister. My daughter loved the huge tub, and I was a fan of the in-room fireplace and balcony overlooking the grounds. A trail ride the next morning after an incredible breakfast was the culmination of a perfect visit. This is real hidden gem in the midst of Gettysburg tourist traps.

Room Tip: They're all beautiful....just choose the style that suits you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Barb63
West Chester, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

A visit to the Gettysburg Battlefield should be a deeply moving experience, not characterized by lines, buses and fumes. Therer's no better way to do it than by staying at Cornerstone Farm and riding their horses over the Confederate positions, including the ground covered by General Pickett's infamous Charge. Host John is a well-informed guide, the horses are docile and can be ridden by complete beginners, and hostess Alice is warm, gracious and a great breakfast cook! The farmhouse itself is charming, the bedrooms beautifully furnished and large, and the setting both beautiful and tranquil. For summer visitors, threes even a pool. Stay away from the tourist traps and stay at Cornerstone Farm instead.

Room Tip: Lincoln suite -- it has a small porch.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Princeton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

My Family and I stayed at the bed and breakfast when we were looking at the colleges in Gettysburg and we loved it. The whole establishment was great and very well taken care of. The rooms were excellent and each had their own unique themes. Not only was the house georgous but the food was excelent. Ali was a great cook and made all of the food for us every morning herself (my mom really wants the recipie for the peach cobbler we had one morning which was delicious!!). She was a very kind hostess and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Also the other couple that was there when we were were also very kind. Overall we had a great experience and we will probably end up staying there again sometime in the future. - Meaghan D.

Room Tip: The rooms were great and very peaceful to stay in. I instantly fell asleep comfortably every night.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2006

My daughter and I stayed at Cornerstone in August and absolutely loved it. We wanted a quiet place in which to relax and kick back before the school year started. There was plenty to keep her occupied at 14 and this gave me time to myself to unwind. She spent time with the horses, cows, cats. She loved walking about the farm.
She even loved lying by the pool with a book . At this oasis we swam, sat by the water garden, walked, visited the horses and yet we were still close enough to town that we were able to do all the historical things and dine well. For her, this was a very positive 1st B and B experience.
Mom had some of the best sleep of her life and loved waking up to the view from our room and the sounds of a quiet farm. Daily breakfast was a gourmet treat.

I'll try ro remember to add photos later. I can't come up with any more accolades that weren't mentioned in previous posts. This place and Alice and John are wonderful.

We hope to return very soon.
DJWALPA@aol.com

• Liked — The Interior and grounds
  • Disliked — There is nothing we did not like
  • Tips/Secrets — No, all your needs are anticpated by the owner/Innkeepers
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank djwalpa
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2005

My husband and I wanted to stay at a quiet place to celebrate our anniversary weekend and the Cornerstone B&B fit the bill. Beautiful, super clean rooms, wondeful property with great views. The owners were so nice. This place is very close to Gettysburg but yet away from all the Gettysburg noise just a 5 minute drive from town. Can't wait to stay there again. We stay at many B&B and this one was one of the best. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2005