“Felt like visiting good friends!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colton Motel

Colton Motel
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Mt. Clemens,MI
“Felt like visiting good friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2006

I knew nothing about Gettysburg and needed a hotel. I read a lot of reviews on this website and decided to give the Colton Motel a try as I found so many positive comments about it. So glad I did! The manager made our stay in Gettysburg extra special! I forgot to get directions so I called and the manager was so helpful and friendly that I looked at my husband and said, "I feel like we are going to stay with some good friends." The feeling stayed the whole time we were there. He loves history and it was contagious. The hotel was exactly as I had read - a clean, comfortable place to rest after a big day of touring. Friendly. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. An added bonus is that it is right next to the visitor center and a short walk from town!

24 Thank Lisa D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2006

Stayed at the Colton October 6 and 7, 2006. The manager, Andrew, was very friendly, but that's where the good review ends. The rooms left alot to be desired. The carpeting in the room was not swept...lint and crumbs all over the floor and chairs. The underside of the bedspread was dirty...the bathroom floor was dirty. We had tiny brown ants running across the table in the room. As we toured the battlefield on Saturday, we were expecting to have our room cleaned; not an unusual expectation. Got back to our room at 3pm and the rooms were still not cleaned, beds unmade, trash still sitting, no clean towels. The cleaning staff saw us in our rooms and asked if we wanted fresh towels. The vacuum cleaner was sitting outside our room, and I asked if I could sweep our room. The cleaning person told me that I could, but it doesn't pick anything up!! He was right!! He never offered to make the beds or pick up the trash. I've been to this hotel before, and it has never been this bad. I don't think we'll go back, even with the offer from Andrew of 10 visits, 1 night free.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank picruiser

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Bloomington, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2006

Booked at the last minute through Travelocity. Luckily the onsite manager was there or else he would not have gotten the reservation until the next day. Manager was very friendly and had many good tips on sight seeing. Room was clean, but as older hotels go, it wasn't the best. Price was reasonable. Plan on staying here in the when we return to Gettysburg.

• Liked — Reasonable price
  • Disliked — Older hotel, not as nice as most in the area. Had that funny "old" smell to it.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
25 Thank psycho_squirrel
palmerton, pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2006

I have been traveling out to gettysburg for over 10 years. I have stayed in just about every hotel in the town over this time period. On one of my many trips out to gettysburg, I had come across the Colton and loving the great location I decided to give the Colton a try. It was the BEST choice I ever made when it came to picking a motel to stay at. As soon as you walk in the door of the office you are greeted with a warm and friendly smile and hello. Checking in was so pleasent and it felt so good knowing the colton was interested in what I needed and wanted in a room vs. most motels giving you the ""take it or leave it " attitude. I have now stayed at the Colton more times then I can count. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. If you need anything managment will do all they can in their power to help and make your stay a very pleasent one. Getting back to what first made me stay at the Colton, the location is A+!!!!!!!! You are within walking distance to everything. In a town that can "overflow" at times, it is very convenient to be able to leave your car parked in a safe place and walk to any interest. I say this with all honesty, a very clean and safe place to stay. managment that is very helpful and friendly, convenient location and all for a very fair and affordable rate that would fit anyones budget. I am so pleased with the colton that I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

I would also like to add that I will be making another trip to Gettysburg Oct. 13th and 14th 2006. as my husband can not get away for this trip it is myself and pre teen daughter making this trip. My husband not being to crazy about my daughter and myself staying alone so far away from home, he came to me and said, " as long as you stay at the colton, i will be more comfortable knowing you are in a safe place and also knowing that if you would happen to run into a problem, i know the staff will help you until I can get to you" You would have to know my husband to understand that those words speak very loud volumes!!!

i ALSO AT THIS TIME WOULD LIKE TO THANK TO MANAGMENT OF THE COLTON FOR ALL YOU DO FOR MYSELF AND MY FAMILY WHEN WE STAY WITH YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND LOOK VERY FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN OCT.

Kathy M. Wanamaker

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — I HAD TO LEAVE TO COME HOME
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY AT THE COLTON
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
32 Thank wanakat68
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2006

This was our first time staying at the Colton and I can certainly say it won't be our last.This is a great place to stay at an unbelievabley fair price.It isn't real fancy but it's very clean,comfortable,has a friendly staff and Andrew was terriffic.He's a great host-manager and very easy to like.The location is right on top of everything,so you don't have to travel far to see Gettysburg.I would recomend this to anyone who is going to Gettysburg.I don't think you;ll be disappointed.Great motel,great people running it and a great location.What else ould you ask for.I'll stay there anytime I'm in Gettysburg

Stayed September 2006
31 Thank lowrider03
Coloma MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2006

The motel is comfortable, clean and walking distance to shops and restaurants. Andrew is excellent with touring advise. The price is right and convenient.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
29 Thank Nana4
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2006

Our Manager Andrew did a wonderful job of directing us to various resturants and attractions. We also had some car problems and he helped us locate the nearest service station as well as a reasonable one.

We wished to say Thank You Andrew for a wonderful job.

Pat and Jim

• Liked — price
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
31 Thank farm51