“Back at The Colton Motel Again”
Review of Colton Motel

Colton Motel
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Grindstone, Pennsylvania
“Back at The Colton Motel Again”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We went over to Hanover for the reenactment
The Colton is the best place to sleep
for the price.The staff is nice and try to fulfill every request.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank chuckroast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed July 24, 2009

This hotel is fine for the budget conscious traveler who is planning to spend more time seeing the sites than hanging out at the hotel. Location is great, easy walking to shops and historical gettysburg sites. Staff was extremely nice, making restaurant suggestions and happy to help in general. I'd stay again if on a budget because of the staff and location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank slp9700
Morgantown, WV
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I found this motel to be perfectly clean and in order. The water pressure for the shower is the best I have ever seen. The staff was very helpful and kind to give me information about the local attractions. I would stay here again! Most all attractions are within walking distance and I did not have to pay for parking! Just left my car at the motel and walked. Why pay $150 a night when you can stay here for $69 a night? I really enjoyed my stay! Keith.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Harleysanders
New Jersey
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My husband is temporarily working in Gettysburg in a musical. It was late and we needed a place to stay for the night. The price was reasonable. The next morning we had the complimentary danishes and juice. My husband had to prepare for rehersal. We were not ready to leave Gettysburg. They allowed me to leave my car so that I could take the kids to do alittle site seeing. When we returned a extremely nice staff member allowed my children to play in the pool before the long ride home. I appreciate the hospitality they showed us,and will be returning to stay during the 4th of July weekend. Could use a refrigerator in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank diva_on_the_road45
Kittanning, PA
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My husband and I found the Colten Motel inexpensive, clean, comfortable, spacious and wonderful in every way! They had free morning danish and coffee and the terrific staff treated us like family. We are now planning another trip back and the Colten is already booked for us! Jamiesons, Pennsylvania

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Triparoo2
Dublin PA
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and son and I have been staying at this motel for a long long time about 10 years and this by far was the worst year ever. And I can guarantee the last time we will stay there. First they put us in the upstairs room which would have been ok but the steps going up are narrow and steep and rotting and falling apart, then the deck and walk way is all rotted wood that goes up and down when you walk, not to mention very narrow, the rail is loose and falling apart and is an accident waiting to happen. I mentioned it several times and never once even though I mentioned I am disabled did they offer to move us down stairs instead we were told be lucky you have a room and walked away. On Saturday we came back to the room to find a huge bag of garbage that was left and no towels again when I mentioned it no one offered to do anything to correct it. Then on Sunday after a day at the battle field we came home to find that a 12 pack of beer and two sick packs of pepsi were missing and again when it was mentioned nothing was done at all, except for the fact that we were woken up by the maid pounding on our door asking how could we say that and no one would have done that and again when I talked to the manager and the owner they did the same thing, all I know is they did not walk out of their own their own someone stole them. They offer free wifi service except no one knows the password to allow you to get in. The worst stay ever and will never put my family through that instead of resting and relaxing I was stressed the whole time we were there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank stthomasdreams

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Akron, OH
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I visited Gettysburg from Ohio on May 19th, 2009 and I chose the Colton Motel. I am a simple traveler and I only need basic lodging. After all, most of my time spent in the room will be while I am asleep. On average, the Colton was half the price of other motels in Gettysburg so that was a great value!

When I arrived, I was very pleased with the room. The bathroom was clean, the bedding was clean, and the room overall was clean. Towels, soap, and shampoo was all laid out for the guest. In short, I could not be more pleased with my stay at the Colton. Why would anybody who only needs a simple room for an overnight stay pay over 100 dollars when the Colton is almost half the cost and just the same thing? I have to give the staff a double thumbs up for a pleasant stay in a pleasant motel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo