“Nice stay at the Colton”
Review of Colton Motel

Colton Motel
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the Colton Motel in Gettysburg with friends over the Labor Day weekend. The Colton is not modern and fancy, but it is extremely reasonably priced, and the location cannot be beat! We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the complimentary pastries and coffee in the morning. The staff was hospitable and made us feel like family. If you are looking for all of the bells and whistles of the large chains, than this is not your motel. However, if you are looking for a clean, friendly, affordable place to rest your head...this is it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank peachgirl_10

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here because of the location and the price. I read all the reviews so I knew what I was getting, a no frills room. It needs some tlc on the maintenance and could use a deep clean in the corners but I felt that the bathroom and the bed was clean. I was gone all day and just needed a place a to sleep. This place suited the bill. The manager was outstanding, kind and very helpful. If money is tight and you want to stay downtown, this is the place. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank AKBrent
Reviewed September 4, 2013

So close to everything we need. Cost is great, very clean.staff is great. We will return again soon. Next time will enjoy the pool! Service is wonderful, friendly family atmosphere. Made us feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Wvpinkie
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Conveniently located. Decor and bathroom needs to be updated. Great ice machine and pastries in the am. Would probably spend the extra bucks next time to stay somewhere else even if it requires driving further to get to visitors center

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Okay to save a few bucks, But the pillows are old and lumpy (should have brought my own), some of the lights in the room did not work and the floor of the shower was so flimsy, it moved while you were showering. Cleanliness of the room and bath was questionable and we were placed in a room next to the laundry. Dryer ran half the night. The location was excellent...near the battlefield and restaurants and in walking distance of shops.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline H
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Probably just her personality, but owner was sarcastic. Her son, however, was very polite. She refused to give AAA discount, claiming it was Expedia's responsibility and not hers (She did not explain why). Rooms seemed clean, but all furniture was VERY worn and outdated. Bumped my leg on bed frame that was sticking out in several places. She told me to call if I needed anything, but room did not have a phone! (didn't even have a clock!) When I inquired, I was told that something was wrong with the wiring, and a phone could not be installed in my room. (no other rooms were available). In addition, after playing television for about an hour, my family and I smelled burning. (Part of the bad wiring?) I requested a cot (Expedia told me it was included, but owner said, No..). After paying an extra $10 per night, we were given a cot frame with material covering a bunch of springs!. We had to take it upon ourselves to pad it using two comforters folded to resemble an actual mattress. Was told it included a continental breakfast. Huh!!! Wasn't told about that at check-in. Since there was no dining area, I doubt that it existed.

Room Tip: Owner's young son was eager to assist and was very polite. Room was clean. Was within walking...