Colton Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)
James Gettys Hotel(Gettysburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distanceroom was cleanvisited gettysburgin townpleasant staymemorial day weekendwe've stayedbrendaattractionsbattlefield
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Whoever the owner of this motel is, should certainly sink a little money into repairs and replacement of furnishings. This would make the rating a 5 for everything, but I'm sure the price of rooms would go up and be on par with surrounding motels then.

The saving grace for this property is the excellent staff that is employed there. I have never stayed anywhere where the staff have been more friendly, polite, and attentive to the needs of their guests. Robert (who always said "yes mam" and "yes sir") and Pauli were constantly on the go, bringing extra cups, towels, cots, a replacement TV and a fridge that was missing from one of the rooms. Bailey helped with getting keys to work in the door locks and entertained us with stories of the rooms that were haunted. Her personal experiences, as well as those of guests. It was better than the ghost tour that is offered in Gettysburg!

We were in town to celebrate my brother's birthday. His family had a room next to ours and my sister had the room next to his. My brother and I would certainly stay at the Colton again. My wife and sister were a little less impressed.

If you want an inexpensive place to stay, right in the heart of the tourist area, this is the place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HowinNH
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The night before we got an overpriced room outside of downtown with a chain hotel, it was adequate but disappointing.
Sunday morning we saw several other motorcycles parked at the Colton right in the heart of town, Miz Brenda gave us a very warm welcome and the better price on a room than we have seen in years. Is the motel old? well yes and so are we!! Brenda and her whole family went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Truly a GREAT innkeeper! Sure the rooms could use some upgrades, in room coffee pots, couple more pillows, but overall the best value for our traveling dollar. We look forward to staying there again and would very much recommend the Colton to all bikers.

Room Tip: you can get smoker or non-smoking rooms, when was the last time you saw that?
3  Thank c c
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was somewhat surprised by the poor quality of this hotel. Let me say first that I expected better based on reviews however I should have known based on the price. First, if you want cheap and location this is the place, otherwise stay away. This facility looks and is ancient. The beds are awful. They bounce and are lumpy. The shelf going into the bathroom is badly placed. Hit my head three times. The guy in the office needs training in how to act in front of customers. The furniture is ancient and the room small. TE window ac sounds like a freight train. It was cheap but not worth it. Pay a little more and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: No good rooms that I saw but ask for one back from the street.
1  Thank Latta
Reviewed July 28, 2013

nice and clean have stayed there before ,great value good location,staff was very nice,had to take a smoking room,but staff came and sprayed for smoke oder.was cloce to cafe &resturant,will stay there again

Reviewed July 12, 2013

we wanted a cheap place to stay as we knew most of our time would be spent seeing the sites. we hate spending hundreds of bucks for a place where we only sleep. if this is similar to what you’re looking for in the gettysburg area then colton is the place to be.

positives:
- the price: you can’t beat it!
- brenda, the owner was a trip and made sure you knew she was there if you need her. She was super funny and gave us great recommendations for things to do nearby.
- location: perfect walking distance to so many attractions and places to eat and drink. this gave us the opportunity to do the strolling we were looking for and also not be bothered with lots of cars and people. It was also super safe and quiet. this is NOT in the area congested with hotels and bed and breakfasts which is nice.

negatives:
- the room and bed creeped me out a little. i knew not to expect anything great and i’m also not picky but i was scared to touch things in the room for some reason. It was just a little dingy, not dirty just dingy.

this hotel did the trick for the amount of time we spent there. if coming for a nights visit we would be sure to stay here again so we could have some extra money for all the fun things gettysburg has to offer. go mount!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple