“Outstanding stay! Friendly, helpful staff, nice room for a great price”
Review of Colton Motel

Colton Motel
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My review has been a while in coming but here we go...I stayed at the Colton for 12 nights last October and I'm here to tell you that I could find no better value than this well run establishment. I visit Gettysburg every year for the history and the ghosts and have stayed at many hotels around town, all of which were much more expensive than the Colton and couldn't offer the great location that this place can. It is right in the center of everything, you can leave your car in front of your room and walk just about everywhere. The National Cemetery is literally right behind the motel, East Cemetery Hill, Cemetery Ridge, museums, ghost tours, shopping and food are all only a few minutes away on foot. The staff is friendly and make you fell like one of the family, the rooms are neat, clean and good size. This is one of the older motels of the 60s & 70s era and doesn't have a lot of the "frills" offered by the more expensive hotels or motels in town but it does have good WiFi, comfortable rooms, and the staff is top-notch...from management to the front desk to housekeeping they are some of the best I've seen and no hotel staff has ever made me feel more at home than the staff at the Colton! As I mentioned earlier, I travel to Gettysburg every year and have already made reservations at the Colton for my next trip! So if you're looking for a clean, comfortable room, great staff and a location that can't be beat, all for an outstanding price, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the back, close to the National Cemetery.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JJJAlbuquerque

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Decent room, decent price. It was clean. And again, the owner was awesome and very helpful in suggesting great places to eat. It was quiet and located in walking distance of many attractions. Cable, wireless internet and a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank trickyd77
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love this motel. We have stayed here every year that we come to gettysburg. Right in the middle of the action but far enough away to have a nice stay. Everything about the motel is nice. The quiet little cozy motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank C7SAIL4EA
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were just staying over night after a ghost walk.
The room was clean and well appointed. There is wifi, which was handy for keeping an eye on Hurricane Sandy that was headed our way. The building is situated close to the battlefield and National Cemetary.
Easy walking distance to many of the shops. If you are good walker you can see a lot.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shrloc_pa
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was very surprised to see what nice little place this is, and you can walk to center of town. The rooms were big, beds were OK. The parking lot was strange to park in, whatever??? I thought I was going to get spooked, BUT nothing. I asked the front desk about that… and she said good luck; lol

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My son and I recently visited Gettysburg on a very limited budet and this mote had the best available rates. We werent expecting much but found the hotel quite satisfactory. We arrived early but the room was ready andwe were able to check in. The room was clean and maintained through our visit. The location, so close to the cemetary and the battlefield couldn't be beat plus we were right on the shuttle bus line. The pizza place next door was the perfect place for an affordable meal.We were quite satified and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meg h
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

It is an older hotel not the ritz but very inexpensive stayed several times over the last year haven't had to many issues better than comfort inn and suites I think it's a nice little place to stay for a night or two just don't expect the ritz for 50$

• Stayed: September 2012