Stayed here for two nights in March 2009. The rooms were nice, though not exceptionally large. The check-in process was flawless and we were given some nice amenities since we are Honors Gold VIP members. We were on the fourth (top) floor and as soon as we got off the elevators we were greeted with a very strong smell of stale cigarette smoke. The hotel has this floor split between smoking and non-smoking. The smell was not bad on our side of the hall and you could not smell it in our room. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was great. The TV was great too, though I thought they advertised flat screen TVs- no matter, I wasn't there to watch TV. The wireless Internet was atrociously slow and I had a very weak connection. The pillows on the bed were a bit too fat for a stomach sleeper like me. Luckily we had free passes for breakfast because I would've been quite mad to have had to pay for it. The food tasted good, but the whole ordering process was confusing and the service was weak. There were a few (not many) people waiting on breakfast one morning and they had 4 staff members in the kitchen and dining area and it seemed like they were in total chaos. I asked for some silverware and the lady handed me a bunch of napkins and a gob of knives, forks, and spoons! It took around 15 minutes to get my simple omelet and bacon. I must say, the bacon was great. That night, around 9:45 we noticed a strong smell of cigarette smoke wafting into our room. It was horrible and we phoned the desk and were moved to another floor. We were told the only floor with smoking was the fourth floor (our luck!). So, we moved to the third and it was OK, though noisy- I guess everyone was staying on the 3rd floor. The front desk member gave us $20 off of our rate, so that was quite nice. Breakfast the next day was better managed, and less chaotic, but still took way too long to get my food or have my order taken. I would stay here again if the price was right, but I prefer the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg. The front desk staff were great, the kitchen staff not at all, and one restaurant server- a younger lady, she was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg hotel in Pennsylvania is located in the heartland of American freedom with historical sights, museums and just minutes from the Gettysburg Battlefield and National Park Visitor Center. The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is located on part of the former Camp Letterman Civil War hospital! The hotel is also near attractions such as the Gettysburg College, Gettysburg Heritage Museum, The Outlets Shoppes, Gettysburg Visitors Center, Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary and Mount Saint Mary's College. Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is home to the Garden Grille & Bar Restaurant that offers breakfast, dinner & drinks daily to guests and general public. The hotel is a great central location for Pennsylvania cities and attractions. York, Harrisburg and Hershey Lancaster, DC, and Baltimore are nearby cities all with attractions for the Pennsylvania visitor. The hotel is an award winning hotel of "Pick of the County" via the Gettysburg Times, Hilton Garden Inn "You can count on us" 2013 Brand award winner for community service, and is proudly a part of the Hilton Garden Inn Brands JD Power Award! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Gettysburg