“Great Short Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore, MD
“Great Short Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I arrived late and only stayed one night here, but the stay was problem free and very comfortable.

The Front Desk Manager (steve?) was working the night I checked in and he was very informative about all the renovations the hotel was going through, but none of it was visible or disruptive at all. Some of the nice touches in the lobby had been completed.

I had a nice double room that was very clean and fresh when I checked in. I left the hotel at 5:00 am so I didn't get to enjoy the great breakfast they offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hilton for a 4 day visit to Gettysburg. Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. It is close to all the attractions, but you will need to drive a short way to get to the attractions. The drive wasn't a problem as we would drive down and park and spend the day seeing the sites. If we ever return to Gettysburg, I will make sure we stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Terre Haute, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Gettysburg. Everyone we met were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the great battle that was fought there. The hotel staff are excellent, similar to the Hilton Garden Inn we often stay at in Terre Haute, IN. We will be back for a longer stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I visited the historical town of Gettysburg, where one of the crucial battles between North and South took place in the American Civil War. We visited the Museum and the battlefields. The area was very beautiful that summer day. It was emotional to think of the many who lost their lives in the battle! After a long interesting day we stayed in at the Hilton Garden Inn at the outskirts of Gettysburg. It is a new hotel, simple in design and stile, very pleasant, and so was the spacious room. It had of course all the amenities expected of a hotel. We were in the back, so no noise from the road. Only the air-condition, a window air-condition, was noisy. We closed it and were comfortable with the air through an open window. The breakfast was very good. The staff was helpful. The Hilton Garden is a nice modern inn, which we can highly recommend.

Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've stayed at the HGI multiple times over the last few years. I've had an excellent visit every time. The staff is helpful, happy and incredible knowledgeable. The rooms are clean and always ready when I arrive. Any time I've needed something the staff has always been gracious and willing to help. The location is great, the hotel is great and the staff is excellent. I would also like to thank the GM Christina Turley for making my experience exceptional.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! They certainly mean a lot to the team and me. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the HGI while visiting Gettysburg. It is located about 1 1/2 miles from the Gettysburg circle, where it appears you must go to get anywhere. As with all HGIs we've stayed at the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, beds, linens, etc. We were a little disappointed that they didn't have an outdoor patio as most HGIs. Coffee in the lobby and cookies in the evenings is nice. Depending on which direction you are coming from, the sign for the hotel is not where you turn to access the hotel. Our GPS took us to the sign, but we had driven past the hotel and had to turn around to find the entrance.

1 Thank pletzkeb
Thank you so much for staying with us. I do apologize that the sign for the hotel seems to be in a confusing location, it however has to do with zoning and initially the hotel was to have its own access road at that spot which was later changed. We are pleased to share we are actually working on getting a new updated patio set for our patio area! I am sure you will enjoy the set when it arrives. Thank you for staying with us!
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great location, good quality. Easy to get to, staff was excellent Room clean. Only complaint was that the A/C needed maintenance and occassionally was noisy. Very pleased with my stay. Quick check in and check out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Kevin C
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. If you are available for a moment of time to reach out to me and share which room you were in so we can look into that AC concern you had, I'd appreciate it. Our Maintenance team does perform routine property inspections to look for any type of issues or room wear that would require repair. I am sure this will be corrected soon if not already. Thank you!