“Clean with good service!”

Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I typically dread staying at hotels because I never feel like they are clean. This place looked clean and smelled clean from the lobby to the hallways and most importantly the guest rooms. Nice decor. They must have recently renovated the lobby and eating area because it doesn't match the pictures on the site. They should update those pictures because it now looks really trendy and beautiful. I have no complaints at all, great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was a little concerned with some of the mixed reviews but it was better than I expected. I had a quick check in though I arrived very late/early in the morning, the room was clean, smelled nice, tv and internet both worked fine. The shower had hot water and I did not have to call the desk for anything. Check out was also ultra smoothe, just gave them my key and they said thank you for staying with us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nice, clean, good value hotel that is fairly close to Gettysburg. It has a fresh clean look to it and I particularly liked the (gas) real fire in the lobby. It was nice to sit there and read and/ or watch TV. I normally don't mention staff (often a way of spotting fake reviews) but the woman who ran the bar / restaurant was very hard working but also very amenable. As it was Easter Sunday the dining options near the hotel were limited so we ate at the hotel. Considering what this usually means it was actually quite good value and was very tasty. I would happily stop here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

A friend and I went to Gettysburg for the Easter weekend and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Gettysburg. We have stayed at the hotel once before. The lobby and eating area of the hotel has recently been renovated and are very attractive. The rooms at the hotel are clean and comfortable. However, the soundproofing between rooms is almost non existent. Therefore, we could hear everything on either side of us and above us. Initially we were on the third floor. Unfortunately, the people in the room above us were very noisy and constantly stomping around on the floor which made trying to rest and sleep difficult. I called the front desk and immediately the lady on duty, Veronica Stanko, took action to take good care of us and to resolve the problem. She immediately made arrangements for us to move to a quieter room on the top floor of the hotel so that we wouldn't be bothered with noise above us. In addition, she discounted our room for the first night since our ability to rest and sleep was interrupted by the noise above us. The hotel is good quality except for the lack of sound proofing between the rooms.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor if possible because there is little sound proofing on eit...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Consistently clean, comfortable and convenient. This is across teh street from one of the older Hampton Inns, and the price is cheaper at the HGI than the Hampton, making it a much better choice, although maybe the rates are different in the peak tourist season.

Excellent breakfast as always.

Room Tip: No bad room choices.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn is situated a few minutes from the Gettysburg visitor center and we found it true to the Hilton standards. The room was clean, staff consistently friendly, and the breakfast was good. Clearly not a resort hotel, but adequate for a quick visit to the battlegrounds. I was not recognized as a Diamond guest and the beds really were too springy for my taste, but we found our stay pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

How a nonsmoking room can smell so badly is beyond my imagination. I was gravely disappointed and would have found other accomodations had I not arrived so exhausted .... dinner and breakfast were convenient in the lobby but substandard--dinner was terrible and breakfast bland.. I'd have done better at a drive through window. I am a frequent traveler. Hotels must be at minimum unoffensive. Service must be at minimum not rude. FAIL. Shame on you Hilton. Shame.

Room Tip: Check your room before you arrive. Eat supper elsewhere. The hotel isn't AWFUL it's just s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RedMolly1952
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am greatly disappointed to see that you had a negative experience. I hope that you can see by the other reviews that this is not a typical experience and I would love the opportunity to speak with you about the specifics in relation to your concerns. Can you please contact me by phone or email? Christina.Turley@hilton.com