“Nice little hotel, close to all, good value.”

Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Nice little hotel, close to all, good value.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here with my family this past week and was very pleased. The hotel is nicely equipped, comfy beds, nice rooms and close enough to everything in the area. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Got in later in the evening and took the family to the hotel restaurant which had some very nice menu choices (and a delicious soup). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cmvendetti27, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us during your travels to Gettysburg! We realize visitors to the area have a lot of choices on where to stay and we are honored you chose us! I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel amenities as well as our restaurant. We have received many compliments on the new menu - I wonder if you enjoyed the Roasted Red Pepper & Gouda soup? That’s my favorite!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed November 26, 2012

As I'm a Hilton Gold member, we had a high expectation from the hotel, so during the thanksgiving holiday, we visited Gettysburg and stayed in this hotel. The hotel of the exterior, inside the entrance and counter was good. At the bar, we had a beer and a wine at night. The wine did not taste good probably because it was open for a few days. The cost of wine was $7.00. We paid but we were very unhappy. The waitress was very friendly, however. We could see that she was trying her best. In the room, we saw three ladybugs and a bug, not a bed bag at least. I wish we did not have to see them. I caught ladybugs and took them outside of the room. I had to kill the bug because my wife was too scared. The shower tab had an issue. The water did not drain so we couldn't take a shower comfortably. At the end of the shower, the tab was 1/3 full of water. We did not complain because we were only staying one night. By the way, it is Room 208. Finally, the heater was too loud when it was on and we couldn't sleep well. The bed was very comfortable at least. I would give three starts just to be nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very disappointed that you did not have an exceptional experience with us. We encourage our guests to do share their concerns - no matter how big or small - with us so that we have the opportunity to correct any issues immediately and ensure the satisfaction of the rest of your stay. I would like to share that we are proudly engaged with the Hilton Garden Inn Promise - The promise of if its not right, you will not pay for that part of your stay. I have shared your concern with our team and we will act on the concerns you brought up immediately. I do hope that you will consider giving us another try in the future, please be assured this is not the typical experience of our guests.
Venice, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stay in Gburg a couple of times a year and have picked some "not so good" spots to stay, so I was holding my breath this time when I booked my room. I really liked this hotel. It was clean, large, had a pool (didn't try it) and a restaurant inside. They had coffee and cookies to greet us when we arrived, tired and hungry after shopping the outlets Black Friday. The staff was friendly and professional and the lobby had comfy couches and a fireplace to sit and chat and relax. We had a party of 3, and our room had 2 queen beds and a rollaway, yet we had plenty of room to walk and dress. There was a big comfy chair, microwave and fridge and a large bathroom for under $100 ($10 for a rollaway which is pretty standard). I am a regular Hampton customer so I am used to a free breakfast. Hilton charges $10 for what Hampton gives for free, but it was no big deal to me. I have had some bad free breakfasts at other facilities. Perkins is right down the street if you want a great meal in the morning. Also, you can adjust the firmness of the mattress, which I had not seen in other hotels.

Room Tip: We were right across from the elevators and I thought the "ding" of the elevator arrival m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cmvendetti27, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are so thrilled that you found a GEM in Gettysburg. We are happy to have you and your family stay with us during future travels! It sounds like you opted out of our breakfast during this visit, I do encourage that you give us a try next time. Our breakfast is a full hot cooked-to-order breakfast with freshly baked goods done on site - such as our hot cinnamon buns and muffins! I assure you it is a much nicer spread than typically found at an economy hotel, such as a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the spacious rooms and comfort in adjusting the beds to your personal comfort level. We certainly look forward to seeing you on future visits to the area! Enjoy the holidays!
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was traveling from business and am very used to staying in hotels. This particular hotel was a little dated in appearance, but very cozy and clean. Additionally, the staff at this hotel were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located near a lot of restaurants and close to the freeway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cmvendetti27, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! This December we will actually be starting a lobby renovation that we are VERY excited about and we have recently updated the business center to be state of the art, the fitness center to all new equipment - also state of the art, all new furniture for our pool & whirlpool and are introducting a new patio set up for spring 2013! Be on the look out for new and exciting things for Hilton Garden Inn's worldwide!
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Sorry for writing this so late, time got a little away from me, but I can't stop thinking of the experience I had with this hotel Labor Day Weekend 2012. I won a free night for this hotel on FB, then I thought well I just can't go for one night so I took my mother and sister during Labor Day Weekend. I was pretty nervous staying at a hotel away from the center of town, but once we got settled in I was glad. If you take Hwy 15 then the backroads to get into town or the Battlefields you bypass the circle of town. Then I was nervous about how crowded Gettysburg would be during a Holiday weekend and the noise in the hotel, there was NONE!!! Very nice, clean, comfortable, just a stones throw from the Historic District, but convenient to the shopping of everyday life in case you forget something or need a quick bite without paying the tourist price in some of the restaurants in the area. We will definitely return for years to come.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker (as the other two in my group were) ask for a room either by the stairs or the 1...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so pleased to see that a winner of a contest we did on Facebook was able to stay with us and enjoy the certificate! I do invite you all to join us on Facebook for opportunities to engage with the hotel, learn what the staff is up to and doing for our community and more! We look forward to seeing you again!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hotel was great - rooms very clean, pool and hot tub well kept, dinner, breakfast were great, small bar but very friendly. Room was very comfortable. Rooms have coffeemaker, tea, microwave. Plenty of information about dining in the area and sightseeing. All of the employees in this Hilton were extremely helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: we had two rooms on the 2nd floor and they were quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
cmvendetti27, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Gettysburg! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again!
Little Silver, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews. Given that, I was very surprised at how uncomfortable the bed was. It was advertised as adjustable firmness, but it was too soft and lumpy no matter what I did.

Hotel and room was very clean. Pool was small, not deep, but adequate for kids to have some fun. We didn't try the restaurant, but it was empty whenever we walked by.

We had requested adjoining rooms, one with a king bed, one with 2 queens. When we checked in, we found we had 2 rooms, both with queen beds, not adjoining. Was very frustrating. And the worst part was the the clerk at the desk didn't even seem to care that our requests weren't honored.

The tv had a game controller attached, but we couldn't get it to work. So we called the desk, and she (Miss Helpful) said she had no idea how it worked, no one had ever asked before. So we took a walk and found someone else and asked. They sent someone to the room, but he couldn't figure it out either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I am very disappointed to see that you had concerns with the Garden Sleep System Bedding. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you about this if you could reach out to me. I am concerned that there could be a problem with that specific room's bed. I would like to deeply apologize that the staff was not prepared to assist you with your concern with the game console. I will speak with our maintenance engineer on training the entire team on how that works. I will also address the lack of hospitality you received from the front desk. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention that I can work on resolving these concerns immediately.