This was a pretty typical HGI. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were comfy. No complaints there at all. The location was only a five minute drive into the heart of the old downtown and the parking and internet were free. TIP: confirm your bedding request for two real queen beds. We reserved to queens months ago and were given a queen and pull out upon checkin. Having said that, the front desk did make the change upon request and was very nice about it. I found the price a bit high for the area, but great if you have HHonors pts to use.
Believe the reviews below and avoid breakfast. I was there for breakfast 3 days in a row at very different times each day and it took 25-30 minutes for the food to arrive each time (and once we were ALONE in seating area). I think the hotel has hired staff to serve the food in an effort to speed things up and cure their food services woes. Sadly, the wait staff is polite but seems utterly overwhelmed with writing down simple orders. One poor girl didn't know what fried eggs were. I don't know how it can take 30 minutes for two fried eggs and bacon (which was pre-made anyway). The cook appeared to be moving in some sort of slow motion. The quality of the food-to-order isn't great either. The eggs were horrid, greasy and cold. The food that you could grab yourself (cereal, fruit, and oddly - waffles) was quite good. For the same $9.95 you pay for breakfast here - go to the Perkins a couple of blocks away.
Summary - if you'll skip the restaurant, you'll have a nice stay at the HGI Gettysburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg hotel in Pennsylvania is located in the heartland of American freedom with historical sights, museums and just minutes from the Gettysburg Battlefield and National Park Visitor Center. The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is located on part of the former Camp Letterman Civil War hospital! The hotel is also near attractions such as the Gettysburg College, Gettysburg Heritage Museum, The Outlets Shoppes, Gettysburg Visitors Center, Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary and Mount Saint Mary's College. Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is home to the Garden Grille & Bar Restaurant that offers breakfast, dinner & drinks daily to guests and general public. The hotel is a great central location for Pennsylvania cities and attractions. York, Harrisburg and Hershey Lancaster, DC, and Baltimore are nearby cities all with attractions for the Pennsylvania visitor. The hotel is an award winning hotel of "Pick of the County" via the Gettysburg Times, Hilton Garden Inn "You can count on us" 2013 Brand award winner for community service, and is proudly a part of the Hilton Garden Inn Brands JD Power Award! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Gettysburg