“Great distinct beers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Battlefield Brew Works & Spirits of Gettysburg
Ranked #42 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great distinct beers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

So happy this place opened in Gettysburg. Really distinct beers, the owner is constantly brewing new beers and we love to try them all. Food is getting much better. They have unusual sausages and hot dogs and pulled pork sandwiches. Great family atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fischerpa

York, PA
“Great Beers and Wild Sausages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great atmosphere and wonderful wild game sausages. Order a flight and try them all! They dont open until later in the day so call ahead or go on a weekend.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Foodielicious2
Arbutus, Maryland
“If you like history and love beer...go here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

While staying in Gettysburg we visited Reid's winery and Jennie's tasting house (also a must do) They suggested stopping by the Battlefield Brew Works. I am so glad we took their suggestion. The brewery in nestled inside an old farm house which they used as a hospital during the war. The owners were just excited to tell you about the building/history as they were about their beers. (which are totally yummy) Honestly, the beer paired with a PA soft pretzel was one the best thing we tasted the entire trip!

• Visited May 2013
Paciano, Italy
“What a wonderful find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Everything about this place is just right. The building alone is worth the visit (beautifully restored and warm, toasty), but don't skip the brewery experience! As stated by other reviewers, the owner and staff are all very friendly and make the experience very welcoming and informative. They answered all of our questions about the beers and the building with great knowledge.

The beers were GREAT. I am not a huge pumpkin beer fan, but found theirs to be the best I'd had. I especially enjoyed the sugar and cinnamon rim (perfect for the Thanksgiving weekend). I also enjoyed their barrel aged beers and my friend especially liked the red circle. One thing...many of their beers are high in alcohol, so be careful!

We sampled 2 of the specialty (local) sausages too...the pork and apple and the wild boar. Both were good. I'd prefer a bit of an upgrade in the presentation (paper and plastic) and also an upgrade in the mustard, but they were tasty.

It was small business Saturday and they had opened the other side of the barn to local small business people. NICE! My friend found a few things to take home...bonus.

I'm not sure if they market to the Harrisburg area, but I'll be doing my best to make sure all of my friends know about it. I will definitely return, making the drive from Harrisburg, for this fun and interesting food and beer experience!

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must stop for history & beer lovers!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This amazing brew house we found by mistake.... Now our favorite part of Gettysburg!!!! Old Monfort Farm barn and Civil War Field Hospital!!!! Incredible staff... Made us feel at home! We could have stayed all night! :-) Simcoe IPA rocked along with other brews! Took a growler home of it!!! Thanks Battlefield Brew! Ohhhh... ghosts too! :-)

1 Thank Christopher C