“What a wonderful find!”

Battlefield Brew Works & Spirits of Gettysburg
Ranked #39 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Paciano, Italy
“What a wonderful find!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Everything about this place is just right. The building alone is worth the visit (beautifully restored and warm, toasty), but don't skip the brewery experience! As stated by other reviewers, the owner and staff are all very friendly and make the experience very welcoming and informative. They answered all of our questions about the beers and the building with great knowledge.

The beers were GREAT. I am not a huge pumpkin beer fan, but found theirs to be the best I'd had. I especially enjoyed the sugar and cinnamon rim (perfect for the Thanksgiving weekend). I also enjoyed their barrel aged beers and my friend especially liked the red circle. One thing...many of their beers are high in alcohol, so be careful!

We sampled 2 of the specialty (local) sausages too...the pork and apple and the wild boar. Both were good. I'd prefer a bit of an upgrade in the presentation (paper and plastic) and also an upgrade in the mustard, but they were tasty.

It was small business Saturday and they had opened the other side of the barn to local small business people. NICE! My friend found a few things to take home...bonus.

I'm not sure if they market to the Harrisburg area, but I'll be doing my best to make sure all of my friends know about it. I will definitely return, making the drive from Harrisburg, for this fun and interesting food and beer experience!

• Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must stop for history & beer lovers!!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This amazing brew house we found by mistake.... Now our favorite part of Gettysburg!!!! Old Monfort Farm barn and Civil War Field Hospital!!!! Incredible staff... Made us feel at home! We could have stayed all night! :-) Simcoe IPA rocked along with other brews! Took a growler home of it!!! Thanks Battlefield Brew! Ohhhh... ghosts too! :-)

1 Thank Christopher C
“absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Battlefield Brew Works is simply amazing. great beers at a decent price with an astonishing atmosphere. it is a truly "must visit" place. the owners couldn't be any kinder and they love to talk about their products and the history of the place. they are teuly hospitable. if this place doesnt take off then surely no other new and opening breweries will. it is a gem.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jdbeer123
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Venue unlike any other! Amazing beers!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The brews produced at this place are phenomenal coupled with the open barn atmosphere makes this place a must visit for the craft beer enthusiast! The food, although somewhat limited for now compliments the beers perfectly!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank rsquarter1
“A great new little Brewery in an Historic 1840's Barn, tucked in and on a road less traveled in Gettysburg.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stopped in to check the new Brewery out, have to say, it was a nice surprise. Met the owner and brewer, Dan Kulick, a really nice guy, who was very willing to share his brewing stories and talk about the Historic Barn that the Brewery is in. We decided to do the Tasting of six of his own brews, to get a feel of what he had to offer. They were all very tasty and different, we actually enjoyed it. He is in the process of brewing Pumpkin Beer for the Fall. Dan also makes his own Ginger Ale and Root Beer. He has on hand locally made Hard Cider. If you prefer wine instead, he also offers a variety of wines from the Brookmere Winery. As far as a Food Menu, which is limited, Dan does offer a selection of interesting and unusual Sausages, Kielbasa, Nathan's Hot Dogs and Gettysburg Soft Pretzels. What better food items to go with the beer. As business picks up, he mentioned he'll work on trying to expand the Food Menu. We will definitely return again to this new little known Brewery in Gettysburg, on that road less traveled.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Palma I

Been to Battlefield Brew Works & Spirits of Gettysburg? Share your experiences!