“Great inexpensive breakfast”

Dunlap's Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 130 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Dunlap's is your casual family restaurant in Gettysburg. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. BYOB is welcome. Plenty of FREE parking!
Spring City, Pennsylvania
“Great inexpensive breakfast”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Have eaten here several times, but only breakfast. Inexpensive, good food, excellent service! Try it next time you visit Gettysburg.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank David D

Santa Rosa, California
“"Needs More Curbside Appeal but the Food is Great"”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My family and I took a quick trip to Gettysburg. We were too early to check into our hotel so we went to get something to eat. We came across Dunlap's Restaurant and went in. It's a brick building with thick venetian blinds. We saw some lights inside so we went in. The place was bustling with lots of local people, but you'd never know it from the outside. It's been in business for generations, according to the long menu. The food was excellent. I had the best vegetable soup ever. My sister had the chicken noodle soup and she said it was terrific too. The sandwiches were very fresh and great. The menu emphasized the fact that they have homemade pastries. They looked wonderful in the display case as we came in, but we declined, I'm sorry to say. I'd go back again, in fact we thought of going back there for dinner, but we ended up quite away from that area. My only trouble with the place is that it does not convey a welcoming presence from the outside. But that obviously hasn't discouraged the many locals who know the family owners, and who know the quality of the food and staff. As an observer from out of town, I'd change at least the window coverings to give a more open, welcoming appearance. Otherwise, the booth was comfortable, the food excellent, and the staff very helpful and friendly.

• Visited October 2013
“Kind of dissapointed”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We have been to gettysburg several times and when we get ready to go home this place has always been our last stop on the way out of town. In the past we have had no complaints food was always good and the prices are great and everyone was always friendly. This time was not the same, our waitress seemed as though she didn't want to be there and when she brought our drinks she set them down with force which seemed like she was in a bad mood. I ordered a sausage sandwich for my breakfest, it was ok but luke warm. She left the check and said she would take the money up for us when ready but she didn't come back for a long time we sat for 10 minutes after we sat the money with then check on the table and was just about to get up and take it to the register when she finally came back. I personally don't have a problem taking the money to the register but I think if you offer to take it for your customers I think you would check just a little sooner than that. It is a nice place and like I said its been great on our other visits I was just a little dissapointed this time. I dont know if the business from the 150th anniversary just wore out the worker and they have not recovered from it yet or if she was just having a bad morning I don't know. I am willing to try it again cause I know that working in food service is not easy and you have your days I just hope next time its better or it might be our last stop.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank gtysbrgkid
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“My review was deleted.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is a dump. Dirty floors, tables, counters, and the bathrooms are like a roadside outhouse. Food was undercooked or cold and the staff was immature.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Telsa I
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Very good food and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel next door. We had breakfast here two mornings. Food was very good and servers are very friendly.

Visited September 2013