“Great Burgers and Fries !”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 143 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space. We are CLOSED FOR THE SEASON FROM THANKSGIVING, DECEMBER, JANUARY AND FEBRUARY, REOPENING IN March.
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Outstanding burgers and fries. In fact, one of the best burgers I ever had.

Very nice people and an interesting place. Very reasonable prices.

1  Thank CDR102EN
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Hunt's cheesesteaks are right up there with the Philadelphia big name places. Hunt's by far beats Pat's and Geno's. Only Jim's can come close. Their fries are true "boardwalk" fresh cut skin-on fries. Although not fancy inside, food is fantastic and cheap for in-town Gettysburg.

2  Thank foodie8203
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stopped here when we were in Gettysburg last month and were very pleased at how good everything was. I had a cheeseburger and my husband had the cheesesteak and both were delicious. We split a huge order of fries and they were tasty too. I also loved that our Cokes were in the old fashioned glass bottles. I forgot how good they taste from the bottle! I took a couple to go. Service was prompt and friendly. We will be back on our next visit the Gettysburg.

3  Thank joenronnie
Reviewed August 16, 2010

When we walked in we were a tad bit confused. It's like walking into a store with outdoor furniture. We were quickly greeted and seated by our server. My husband was born and raised in Phili and to him there was nothing better then Pat and Genos...until now! The cheesesteaks were amazing! I wish I could have another one now! We will definitely be going to Hunt's on our next visit. We highly recommend it!

2  Thank R_M_Colonna
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We were staying in Gettysburg with a group of 3children and 7 adults and ate there everyday! The food is excellent ! The prices more than reasonable. The service friendly and fast! They are awesome! Can't wait to go back , I could use another bacon cheeseburger!! The best I have ever had!! Thanks to Hunts for putting up with our gang everyday!!

3  Thank lias1_10