“My favorite lunch spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
Fairfield
“My favorite lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

I work just outside Gettysburg. Whenever my travels bring me into town I make it a point to stop at Hunts. Their food is outstanding and the portions are generous. No better fries in Gettysburg either! Service is always good and the conversation is pleasent. I also enjoy the decorations. There are a lot of humorus signs around the dining area that you can buy and take home if you like and if you are a veteran like me you will certainly find a hat or bumbersticker to fit your service. Hunt's is just a darn good place!

2 Thank Sarno47

Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“Great location and service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

Hunt's is a quaint little family owned place to eat, that's right in the middle of everything, great location.
Based on these reviews, my wife and I had lunch there, one day, and chose to eat outside. There the home of the battlefries and oh are they good, and the homemade Lemonade was great! . Both our sandiches were below average, especially for the price.
The service was very friendly and efficient, but the food was disappointing.

2 Thank TS1959
PY,NY
“This is our first stop when we get to Gettysburg, the food is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

My family and I go to Gettysburg 2 to 3 times a year, and our first stop is Hunt's!
The cheesesteak and fries are the best. The Owners are great people, they are friendly
and always have a hello, is everything OK, and thank you for stopping in. We like to go on a picnic one day during our vacation, we just call ahead- they have everything ready. The next time they saw us they ask "how was your picnic?" I thought that was nice. The coffee is the best, they serve Green Mountain in 6 to 8 flavors everyday. Take note coffee lovers!! They even ship coffee to my home.
If you want a good sandwich and fries eat here...the food is great!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Gettysburg_Buff
Pgh, Pa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly people, great food & coffee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2008

When you walk into Hunt's the staff is so friendly & nice. The food is really good. Beef Stake is out of this world, the French Toast oh it's so so good. And you can get the best coffee anytime of the day or night. And you can order take out to take with you while your in your rooms for the night. Scott & Donna are really great people. My husband & I have been going to Gettysburg for 6 years now & we always go to Hunt's. Scott & Donna know your name once they see you a few times & they will rember you time after time. And I like that about a place. To my husband & I they are one great place in Gettysburg to eat. So I say if you go to Gettysburg make Hunt's a place to eat.
Jeff & Kelly Lemons
Pgh. Pa.

1 Thank ghosthunterPgh_Pa
Millersville, Pennsylvania
“Best Cheese Steaks at Hunt's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

My family and I just finished a wonderful and relaxing trip to Gettysburg. We have been going there for years and just happened to stumble upon Hunt's Battlefield Fries and Cafe. We are so glad we did. From the minute you walk in you are welcomed by friendly staff. The cheese steaks (beef or chicken) are a must have. Everyone in our family found something on the menu that they liked. Our meal was fabulous and the prices were so reasonable. Throughout the meal that staff made us feel like we could sit and stay the whole day. I never felt rushed. They also offer a mouthwatering breakfast in the morning. We will definitely be returning for that. You can tell by taste that all the food is fresh and every order is made right when you order it. I highly recommend Hunt's to anyone who likes exceptional food and a comfortable atmosphere.

3 Thank asherr_82