“Good Food”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate here twice on this trip, the food was excellent both times we had cheese steak sandwiches and cheese fries. As I said the food was always great, but the second time we ate here the staff was not as nice and attentive.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Even though the dining area was small the food was great and portions huge. Owners were extremely friendly, wouldn't have thought about eating here except it was highly recommended by front desk at our hotel.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

After a long morning walking around the town of Gettysburg, we happened on Hunt's when it was time for lunch. The staff could not have been friendlier. One of the workers had a "civil war descendant" shirt on and he was happy to tell us about his ancestor. The burger was delicious and the fries were amazing!!!

1  Thank lrwolf
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Food was good, liked the ambience...warm, small town, laid back and friendly. Owner came over and talked to us too, the waitress was a sweetheart, my daughters loved her...talked about volleyball with her. Had a cheesesteak sub that left me speechless because my mouth was constantly full!...I am getting hungry just thinking of it. I have saved this place to return if in the area. You will not regret it.

Will add photos later.

2  Thank YRaj
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Four of us had an early lunch here on Sunday. September 22nd.

I ordered the chicken cheesesteak, my husband ordered the cheesesteak, our friends ordered the cheeseburger and everyone ordered the fries.

We all thought the fries were really very good. My chicken cheesesteak was very good and I would order that again.

Decent inexpensive place for a quick bite.

Oh FYI - we do not drink soda and we usually order fresh brewed unsweetened ice tea. The fresh brewed tea is just ok.

2  Thank Curiouspb