“Worth the Visit”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After reading previous reviews, we made it a point to visit this small eatery. We were not disappointed. The burgers and fries were very good and the prices were very fair and reasonable. Our waitress was very friendly and provided us with very good service. I would visit here again.

1  Thank mlarrys

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Is it fancy?? No. Is it gourmet? No.... BUT- BUT- BUT...it is so-o-o good...great!!! It is a little, eclectic place, looks like a little store and coffee shop...In four days we ate there four times! Scott is the solo cook and owner, everything is made to order and fresh! Fries are amazing, Boardwalk quality, greasy and fabulous! Oh, the cheese steak sandwiches...he has his own , special technique to doing this...they are by far the best Philly cheese steak sandwiches we have ever had anywhere! Scott, the owner, is usually very busy in the back at the grill,but if things slow down, he is fun and interesting to talk to...

They also serve a wonderful breakfast, down home style and just right...the French Toast is especially yummy, he has a very special way with French toast! And the apple pie, they have a lady who makes it just for them. You are in apple country here, so make sure yu sample it. With a cupor two of their Green Mountain coffee...oh, heavenly...do NOT miss Hunt's the next time you are in Gettysburg...

2  Thank GailMarie47
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

The burgers and fries we had were absolutely delicious!!!!!' Best meal we have had in Gettysburg. The service was awesome, too.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Husband and I came here 8/31/13. (it's a normal for us 3years in a row now) My husband left me there while he ran to another store while I was ordering. The server asked me if I was sharing with my husband and after telling her 2 times that he wasn't eating only getting a drink she insisted we were being charged for splitting a meal. She was so rude but my husband wasn't even in the building at the time of ordering. After I told her for the 3rd time I was eating alone she stopped asking about splitting the meal. I just thought it was strange for her to ask so many times.
Usually the staff is so friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Recently stopped in and ordered 2 lemonades and an order of cheese fries. My children when being handed them immediately said what are those black things inside the cup. I told them they were crazy that it's seeds from the lemon. They then proceed to open the top and pull a few out with their finger. We immediately went to the back register and very discreetly show them to the girl at the register. She acknowledges they are indeed fruit fly's and offers to make us new ones. My kids are totally turned off at this point and I very nicely request my money back for just the lemonades. At this point the 4 young staff in the back look over to the cook with dread in their eyes. They tell him I'd like a refund for the lemonades, which had yet to be drunk. He begins ranting...loudly...about how in 15 years he's never had a problem like this. A second employee points out the fruit fly's and the cook continues saying he's never had a problem like this in 15 years! From his tone I can tell he's directing his fury towards me. I approach him and say clearly you see the fruit fly's. His reply is I see nothing & he's never had a problem like this & thrusts my money at me! You don't see it? I held them on my finger! I'd like to provide him a lesson in customer service. All he needed to say was, Mame I'm very sorry would you like new ones? No, well I'd be glad to give you your money back for the lemonades. I would have walked out of his establishment with no hard feelings & forgotten about it. Instead he choose to treat his customer horribly. Now instead of forgetting about it...I'll be writing about my negative experience across the internet. My advise to anyone visiting Gettysburg is to not dine here. Customer be warned!

9  Thank shannong632
battlefield222, Owner at Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe', responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Boy its a shame that this Lady must lie like this, She could not show me any Fruit Flies, The lemonadies are squeesed fresh, before your eyes, not any of the Hunt's staff saw any fruit flies or said that there were and fruit flies. It was that her kids just did't like the the fresh lemonade, cause it was to tart, I never said 15 Years, We at Hunt's have only been here for 11 Years, so one more LIE. There was at least an inch of lemonade gone from the cup and she COULD NOT SHOW me any of the "FRUIT FLIES" GHOST FLIES I guess, she was handed her money back, not THRUSTED, OH by the way it was a very nice young man who waited on you, not a young girl, and no other Hunt;s employee saw any fruit flies.