“Third time didn't disappoint”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space.
“Third time didn't disappoint”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Hunt's and each time it was DELICIOUS! They have the best cheesesteaks I've ever eaten. The cheesesteak and fries are the only things I've ever ordered from here, so I can't speak about anything else. My husband can't eat gluten, so he orders the cheesesteak over a salad. He loves it. Every future trip to Gettysburg will include a stop at Hunts.

Devonshire Parish, Bermuda
“Fabulous food served with great local charm!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Husband and I eat here each time we come to Gettysburg. The food is fresh, the fries are out of this world, and everything is made to order! The service is so friendly!! We love the smalltown local atmosphere!

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“absolutely disgusting”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Being a local of Gettysburg, I would not recommend this place at all to tourists! The waffle bowl that held my ice cream tasted like a stale buttermilk biscuit. My bread for my sandwhich was burned. Terrible experience.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rebecca S
battlefield222, Owner at Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe', responded to this review, September 16, 2013
First off, to all who read this review, We at Hunt's do not have or sell, or ever have had WAFFLE BOWLS, so I know that this person who left this review was never in our place, I do know that some places down the street have waffle bowls, but we do not.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great Cheesesteak”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to Gettysburg to tour the grounds of the most well known battlefield of the Civil War. Even more embarrassed to say is that I'm a history teacher by design and a former native of Pennsylvania. However, I do have plans to experience Gettysburg this Fall with an expert on the battle (former Army War College instructor) and recent colleague of mine.

That being said, my wife and I briefly passed through the day after we got married in Montrose, PA. Excited to begin our honeymoon in the Outer Banks, I thought what better way to start things off than by getting a little taste of G'Burg. We found Hunt's Cafe' on Tripadvisor, of course, and decided it was the perfect place to stop on our first day as newlyweds.

After watching my food intake the past few weeks to look impeccable in my tux for the wedding, it was time to indulge in something more satisfying on the pallet. I had the Cheesesteak and she the Chicken Cheesesteak. Now I don't always eat Cheesesteak's as I'm usually let down and disappointed (even at "Pat's King of Steaks" in Philly).

To my delight, I was very impressed with Hunt's version of the American favorite. The seasoning/marinade on the beef was excellent, everything I could've hoped for. The sweet peppers were great--I asked for them on the side to give a trial run first, but they too were amazing. My wife enjoyed her Chicken Cheesesteak as well, but I would recommend the beef over the chicken (I sampled hers while she was momentarily distracted by the photos and other memorabilia occupying every inch of wall space).

Needless to say, if you're in need of a quick sit-down lunch be sure to stop by Hunt's Cafe in Gettysburg. You'll be glad you did!

Akron, Ohio
“Great Food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had the beef cheesteak, chicken cheesteak, mushroom swiss burger, and fries. All of it was fantastic! Service was great. It will be tempting not to go back just for the cheesteaks.

Visited August 2013