“Hunt's Still has the Best Fries!”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our second year in a row to visit Gettysburg, and we loved Hunt's so much the first time, we had to go back this time. Sometimes on a second visit the place doesn't live up to the memories, but not in this case. Hunt's was even better this time. The fries and onion rings are great. And we both had burgers (even better than last year). I highly recommend Hunt's Battlefield Fries.

2  Thank Connie Y

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Best fries I've ever eaten. The burgers, etc. were also pretty good also. I would go back just for the fries. Be sure to have them with BBQ sauce and mayo, the perfect dipping sauce combo for really good fries.

1  Thank DrDaveyJones
Reviewed July 3, 2013

After reading the positive reviews, I had an iterest in trying this place. So, while visiting Gettysburg for the 150th Commemorative events, my daughter and I stopped here. This place is small and seating is limited, but we were able to get one of the small two person tables outside. I ordered a cheesesteak and cheese fries and my daughter had the grilled cheese and fries kids meal. The place was busy and they apparently only have one small grill, so it did take about 25 minutes or so for our food to arrive, but it was worth the wait. My cheesesteak was probably one of the best I've ever had and the fries are fresh cut and great. My daughter's grilled cheese was a grilled cheese, not too much you can mess up there..

My suggestion is, if you visit Gettysburg and you haven't tried this place, please give it a try. Very good food. Just expect a wait.

2  Thank Patty0103
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We decided to try this place based on other reviews. When we got there it was not crowded but we sat and sat and waited and waited. The servers would walk past to other customers and not acknowledge us so we finally asked if we could see a menu. Finally the server came and took our orders. My husband and I had the cheesesteaks and our grandson got a burger. We ordered a medium order of fries...the waitress told us that they only recommend a large order for parties of 4 or more people and I can see why. The order of fries was huge! The cheesesteaks were some of the best we have ever had and our grandson devoured the burger. We would definitely return if we are in the area...it was worth the slight inconvenience of the wait.

1  Thank 4chismom
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The burgers were completely non descript as we're the the fries and cheese steak. A total disappointment. Everything far too salty.