“Yummm!”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Yummm!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

After reading the positive reviews, I had an iterest in trying this place. So, while visiting Gettysburg for the 150th Commemorative events, my daughter and I stopped here. This place is small and seating is limited, but we were able to get one of the small two person tables outside. I ordered a cheesesteak and cheese fries and my daughter had the grilled cheese and fries kids meal. The place was busy and they apparently only have one small grill, so it did take about 25 minutes or so for our food to arrive, but it was worth the wait. My cheesesteak was probably one of the best I've ever had and the fries are fresh cut and great. My daughter's grilled cheese was a grilled cheese, not too much you can mess up there..

My suggestion is, if you visit Gettysburg and you haven't tried this place, please give it a try. Very good food. Just expect a wait.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Patty0103

Plymouth, NC
“Slow Service but Great Lunch”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We decided to try this place based on other reviews. When we got there it was not crowded but we sat and sat and waited and waited. The servers would walk past to other customers and not acknowledge us so we finally asked if we could see a menu. Finally the server came and took our orders. My husband and I had the cheesesteaks and our grandson got a burger. We ordered a medium order of fries...the waitress told us that they only recommend a large order for parties of 4 or more people and I can see why. The order of fries was huge! The cheesesteaks were some of the best we have ever had and our grandson devoured the burger. We would definitely return if we are in the area...it was worth the slight inconvenience of the wait.

1 Thank 4chismom
Summit, New Jersey
“Overrated”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The burgers were completely non descript as we're the the fries and cheese steak. A total disappointment. Everything far too salty.

• Visited July 2012
Belvidere
“Good food Pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a great lunch and pleasant conversation with the owner who was very informative about any questions we had. Fantastic french fries, centrally located. Also has nice little outdoor eating area.

nv4i73
“Great Eats for great prices.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a very small hole in the wall place but the food is terrific. On room inside in the a/c for maybe 10 or 12 people, there are some tables outside but it was in the 90's when we were there. They give you plenty to eat my wife and I both ordered the cheese steaks and just one order of onion rings. Unless you are a really big eater this will be more than enough for most people. The food was really great....just wish they had a joint like that down here near us.

1 Thank nv4i73