“Great French Toast”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space.
Herndon, Virginia
“Great French Toast”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After reading reviews of Hunt's on TA, my husband and I decided to go there for breakfast, while visiting Gettysburg. This is a very small restaurant with its own style, which I don't think I could begin to describe. You have to see it. There were several tables of customers when we arrived around 9:30 am. We ordered a breakfast sandwich on a pretzel roll and the French toast with sausage. The French toast was very good, so good that I shared it with my husband who ate it instead of finishing his sandwich. The owner came out of the kitchen and talked to us. A very friendly guy. I told him that the next time, I wanted to try one of his famous cheesesteaks. He told me that I could have had one for breakfast. If I had know that, I would have. Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank pletzkeb

South Bend, Indiana
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

You must try the pretzel bun. Delicious! The fries are amazing and the servings are huge! Eat outside, inside is kind of cramped.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jessica F
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Lots more than food here”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had seen reviews on this restaurant on TripAdvisor, so thought we might try it but then ran out of time. When walking by, it doesn't really look like a restaurant but we saw the sign outside so went in. Surprised to find all sorts of tin signs and other things for sale, so had to buy a couple signs for hubby's collection. We didn't eat here, so this review does not cover that.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank NETravelDuo
Bloomsburg
“Good, inexpensive food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

If I were walking down the street and saw this place, I would probably keep on walking. I stopped because of Trip Adviser reviews. A friend and I were in Gettysburg for the day with 4 children. We were looking for a casual place to grab a bit. This place fits the bill. The waitress was very attentive and allerted us when a spot opened inside. Everyone enjoyed their food. This isn't a gourmet restaurant, just a casual place to get a burger, cheesesteak and fries. Perfect for children. The inside is a bit cluttered and cramped. The bathroom looked like it was used as storage and not super clean. But the food was very good, inexpensive for a touristy area and I would definitely stop here again. Hand cut fries in peanut oil, decent cheesesteaks.

• Visited June 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Yummy”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great food and wonderful service. Small sitting area inside and out but it was worth it because the food was so good. The burgers were big and the fries were the best. They were served in a big bucket. Price was a little shocking but we did have a big family.

Visited June 2013