“Wonderful!”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: THE BUILDING THAT HUNT'S BATTLEFIELD FRIES AND CAFE' IS IN, IS AN OLD HOUSE THAT FAMILYS ONCE LIVED IN. THE HOUSE AT 61 STEINWEHR AVE WAS NOT HERE YET DURING THE CIVIL WAR BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG, BUT WAS BUILD ABOUT 1900, YES IT IS SMALL INSIDE, BUT WE MAKE GREAT USE OF THE SPACE.
PA
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were just there yesterday. I had a cheese steak, hubby and kiddo had versions of the chicken cheese steaks. Although the chicken cheese steaks are made with real chicken instead of those thin steakums things, I thought the regular cheese steaks were better. It was definitely good just hate how things are over priced in the tourist areas. Love hand cut fries.

• Visited May 2013

“Best burger and fries ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This place totally lived up to the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. Quaint and small inside, with some tables outside as well. Staff was really nice and helpful. Hubby and I both had the bacon cheeseburger and we shared a medium fries with cheese sauce on the side. The burgers were DELICIOUS and the fries were the BEST I've ever had. The medium fries portion was actually too big for just the 2 of us. We left stuffed and totally satisfied. Highly recommended!!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Elkiedoc
Mesquite, Nevada
“Nice burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went here based on reviews. I had the mushroom swiss burger and fries. The burger was excellent and the fries were better than Mickey D's. The cook was friendly and the service was good. Interesting interior with photos, signs and hats. The orangeade was the best.

Visited May 2013
Essex, Maryland
“Passed by this place many times.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Seemed like a hole in the wall tourist place but got good reviews on trip adviser so we gave it a try. So glad we did. It is small, only about 6-7 tables inside and 2 outside. I got the cheese steak and wife got the cheeseburger. Both where juice and tender. We shared a medium fry which could have fed 4 people. We also got the home made orangeade. I was skeptical about the homemade part until I saw her making it. It was wonderful. The interior is decorated with lots of military caps, mainly from U.S. ships. We will definitely go back.

2 Thank Bill_from_Baltimore
“Delicious lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been dying for a decent Philly cheesesteak since i haven't been to Philly in awhile...and this was delicious!! The cheesesteak with onions was amazing and the fries...wow, don't skip and get them!! And with the malt vinegar in a spray bottle at your table...my mouth is watering as I type! And the owners are super nice and friendly :-)

1 Thank colleenm84