“As good as everyone says!”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space.
Reviewed June 13, 2011

OK, if you want to eat healthy, go elsewhwhere. If you want gourmet, go elsewhere. If you want great food take a seat. Some of the best fries I have ever had, combined with one of the best cheese steaks I ever had in a great location eating outside on a warm night. Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank bobaloo000

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I went here on a Friday evening for a Buffalo style philly. Both the sub and fries were pretty good. Its worth a stop but there are better resturants in Gettysburg with more variety.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Place is very cozy. Food is always top notch.. Service is quick and very friendly.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

What can I say? I have never had a Buffalo Cheesesteak before. Its a brilliant idea, and was flawlessly executed. Great beef, just the right amount of bleu cheese and heat! That was for son and myself.

Daughter had the pizzaburger, and though not quite medium rare as requsted, still very tasty and juicy. Wife had the grilled cheese and tomato on a pretzel roll, also done to perfection.

An excellent choice for a great lunch!

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My family and I stopped by Hunt's this weekend as we were touring Gettysburg. We were lucky enough that when we arrived a large party (10 people) was leaving. We were able to get seated right away. We did see some people come in that had to wait but the wait was no longer than around 15-20 minutes. The waitress was very nice and served us quickly. Most of us had the cheesesteaks which were great but the fries were amazing. We got a large (bucket) of fries for the table and they were gone before we knew it. We also tried the chili and cheese fries which disappeared just as quickly. The atmosphere is really neat and we spent time reading the different signs on the wall. Overall this is a great place to stop for lunch while you are touring Gettysburg.