“The Best”

Deliso Pizza
Ranked #44 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Having spent a week in New York City in June and then a week in Gettysburg in July I had a good opportunity to compare pizza. I think Deliso is the best pizza in town. It's small and serves mainly locals because it's about 2 miles north of town and most tourists never find this place. I bumped into it one day on a hike and now I go back every time I'm in Gettysburg. The owner and main pizza man is from Italy and makes a great, thin crust New York style pizza. It's inexpensive with great food. I'd recommend this place to any one.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

We went to Deliso Pizza based on the last few reviews. The pizza was very average, in fact it was actually kind of extra greasy (so go there if you like greasy pizza). I've had good pizza all over the country and this is very average at best.

I was surprised that the service was not better. When we arrived we were the only table in the place. The lady that took our order at the counter acted like he was doingus a favor when he aid she would bring the pizza out after it was ready. Another sock was the fact that REFILL price on a soft drink is $1.00.

Did I like my Pizza? Yes. Would I go back if I was back in Gettysburg? No. Would I sugest this place to a friend? No way.

2  Thank bandman
Reviewed May 23, 2009

We live near Gettysburg & have been looking for good Italian for years. We found barely edible, at best. Then someone recommended Deliso. Off the beaten path we never knew about it. The BEST pizza, the absolute Best meat sauce, pasta cooked just right...not all mushy. I didn't want to write this because I want to be able to get a table but the chef deserves to be applauded. Generally, food is terrible in Gettysburg...now we have someplace to look forward to!!

Reviewed August 27, 2008

My wife and I so enjoy the informal atmosphere of Deliso, just right for enjoying the wonderful, fresh, and carefully prepared Italian dishes.

The spaghetti with meat sauce is wonderful, but the real discovery was the Tomato and Garlic Pizza as well as the White Pizza. It makes my mouth water just thinking of it!

The pizza pies are great but do not overlook the fried chicken as it is a treat, too!

Great food, fair prices, off the beaten path.

Say Hello to Lenny from George and Alexandra when you visit!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 8, 2008

The pizza is ok at best, but you can't beat their $5 deal days.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook