“A locals favorite”

Deliso Pizza
Ranked #39 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Just back from 8 days in Gettysburg. I ate at Deliso's two times and wasn't disappointed. Very good New York style pizza. It's a locals place and very few tourists go there. I like it being a secret because it prevents the long lines. It's just about a mile north of town. Easy drive but few tourist make it.

3  Thank maynerd

Reviewed September 19, 2009

We found this place by making a wrong turn. They where so helpful with directions we decided to stay and eat. Well it may have been a wrong turn to where we where headed but a right turn to find Deliso Pizza. We enjoyed his Pizza so much. Being from New York it was a taste of a true handmade pizza. The sauce was outstanding and the pizza wasn't greasy!! We started our trip to Gettysburg and ended our trip there. We had to go back for the Chicken Ceasar salad,and there Stromboli Deluxe. Everything there was enjoyable. They even make there own bread. We hit the time when the bread was coming out of the oven fresh. What a smell! It is a type of come as you are everyone welcome place. Also saw that alot of locals eat there. So I guess if you truely are looking for the pizza place that locals go in Gettysburg, P.A. it's Deliso Pizza. Hats off to the pizza guy and staff!!

Reviewed August 19, 2009

Having spent a week in New York City in June and then a week in Gettysburg in July I had a good opportunity to compare pizza. I think Deliso is the best pizza in town. It's small and serves mainly locals because it's about 2 miles north of town and most tourists never find this place. I bumped into it one day on a hike and now I go back every time I'm in Gettysburg. The owner and main pizza man is from Italy and makes a great, thin crust New York style pizza. It's inexpensive with great food. I'd recommend this place to any one.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

We went to Deliso Pizza based on the last few reviews. The pizza was very average, in fact it was actually kind of extra greasy (so go there if you like greasy pizza). I've had good pizza all over the country and this is very average at best.

I was surprised that the service was not better. When we arrived we were the only table in the place. The lady that took our order at the counter acted like he was doingus a favor when he aid she would bring the pizza out after it was ready. Another sock was the fact that REFILL price on a soft drink is $1.00.

Did I like my Pizza? Yes. Would I go back if I was back in Gettysburg? No. Would I sugest this place to a friend? No way.

2  Thank bandman
Reviewed May 23, 2009

We live near Gettysburg & have been looking for good Italian for years. We found barely edible, at best. Then someone recommended Deliso. Off the beaten path we never knew about it. The BEST pizza, the absolute Best meat sauce, pasta cooked just right...not all mushy. I didn't want to write this because I want to be able to get a table but the chef deserves to be applauded. Generally, food is terrible in Gettysburg...now we have someplace to look forward to!!