“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #19 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is the place to go for breakfast in Gettysburg. Great food, great service, and piping hot coffee!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant and decided to give it a try. Server was very friendly. It is basically diner food, lots of sandwiches and french fries with everything. My husband had spaghetti meatballs. Only two small meatballs but the tomato sauce was amazing. I had a patty melt which was also good. Upside, it was under $20 for us both. So if you just want some diner food, give it a try!

1  Thank jhughe39
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We kinda stumbled on to this restaurant, but were glad we did. Smiling servers, a menu with lots of choices, we were pleasantly surprised. Very unpretentious and relaxing; clean restrooms. Restaurant is a bit out of the way, but a good find if you are in for some good home cookin' at fair prices.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The place isn't much to look at and it's not in a beautiful or historic location but they do make a good breakfast and I'm soooo glad we skipped the over-priced breakfast ($10.99/person)at our hotel (Eisenhower) after reading a review on tripadvisor and went to GFR where three of us ate for $15.50. The menu is basic and could use some imagination with their selections (ie have some really cool omelet combinations) but they do a good job with what they make and will happily make changes if asked. My daughter asked for a cheddar and mozzarella omelet with extra crispy hash browns. I had a western omelet with cheddar and extra crispy hash browns. My husband had pancakes with sausage. Everything was cooked perfectly and came quickly, despite the crowds.. My daughter and I had tea with our meal and the waitress brought out extra water in a little pot to make a second cup. Well, it's a wonderful thing to do if you like weak tea but, I like my tea strong and asked her if I could have another bag
and she was more than happy to, in fact she brought me 2 more little pots with tea.....I was in heaven.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I don't get it. Who likes this place? Canned sauces, horrible food. My hamburger had a scary processed patty and fries were old and soggy. $9 for a piece of tilapia?! It was old and not good -- my dog wouldn't eat touch it. Nothing redeeming. To make it even worse, there was definitely an unfriendly vibe going on...

2  Thank emcgowan