“Best French Toast I have ever eatten!”
Review of Lincoln Diner

Lincoln Diner
Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am a local, but in all my time here, I havenot had the pleasure of having breakfast at the Lincoln Diner. Now that I have, I can honestly say they have the best French Toast I have ever had. My daughters had chocolate chip pancakes that were not large but not small, good enough for them...and my husband said the hashbrowns were great. Over all....a great, cheap breakfast.

1  Thank Krislynell

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were hungry and needed a place to eat, and this was literally the first place that came up in our GPS. Old fashioned-divey-dinner. Loved it! We went for lunch. The food was okay - not wonderful, but certainly okay and rather filling. The server was very attentive, kept our drinks filled and made sure we always had what we needed.

If you're looking for ritzy - it's not for you. But if you just need a good meal with good service and you need it quick - this is your place! Very convenient location as well and the prices are GREAT!

1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Step back in time and enjoy a old-fashioned meal. This place never disappoints! We always order breakfast --so good! Coffee is very good too. Casual, inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

On a recent trip back to Gettysburg I was very happily surprised to find the Lincoln Diner still operating just off the square. It's been a reliably good and inexpensive meal for decades and this trip was no exception.

I grew up not far from Gettysburg and have eaten many a meal ... and even more slices of pie and cake in this good old fashioned shiny silver diner.

If you're looking for haute cuisine, keep moving. If you want fancy food, go to the Dobbins House or Hotel Gettysburg. Both fine establishments.

At the Lincoln you'll get a great burger (like my friend Tammy got) or a wonderful plate of turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes (like I did). The stuffing, for those of you not from Central PA, is a soft bread cube stuffing like most grandmas in that area make. So good. And just the right amount of gravy. Not swimming but plenty to go the whole meal.

Filling, tasty and inexpensive. Our combined bill for lunch broke $20 because we decided to have a piece of the in house made chocolate mousse pie. Which was also worth both the money and the calories.

Service, while not perfect, was still very good and friendly which goes a long way.

This is a place the locals and people who return on a regular basis to Gettysburg eat because it is always good food.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Excellent inexpensive breakfast, great service and in walking distance to where we were staying. Was Mothers Day so it was corwded but the service dd not suffer.