“Would not go here again if it were the last place to eat out!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Lincoln Diner

Lincoln Diner
Ranked #18 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Homer City, Pennsylvania
“Would not go here again if it were the last place to eat out!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our worst dining experience in Gettysburg. It started out okay. We made our choices for our meals. It quickly went downhill from there. My dad's salad came with the wrong salad dressing. My mom and I got our hamburgers before my dad's liver and onions came. My mom's fries were cold. We were finished with our meals before my dad's came. When he finally got his liver and onions it was cold and with no fries. He sent his meal back and they popped it in the microwave. The waitress came back with it still with no fries. They still weren't done (how long does it take to make french fries). We got the drinks that come with one free refill. I got mine refilled when I was out. We had to ask for refills for my mom and dad's drinks. In fact my mom was almost tempted to go behind the counter to fill her's up. The waitress finally brought out the fries after being there for about 25 minutes. Then to top the entire experience off the computers weren't working. They had to figure out the bills by hand. Our waitress (Amber) totally couldn't add and had to get someone else to help her with the bill. They brought the bill to the table and we paid it. Which you pretty much had to have the correct amount as they couldn't get into the cash register. Then as they are figuring out another customer's bill, the other waitress tells amber you forgot to charge them for their drinks (meaning our bill). Amber said that's okay don't worry about it. Which was good because it would have been tacky to come back and ask for more money after you already paid the bill. Needless to say no tip and no revisit to the Lincoln Diner for us.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank CarlieF58

Friedens, Pennsylvania, United States
“great vslue and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had breakfast at this quaint diner in town and couldn't even finish all the food they served us! I had an omelet and asked to alter it a little and the cook had no problem with my request and the food and service were SUPER! Our waitress was a senior citizen but very sweet and efficient . I was impressed!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank 151Amy980
maryland
“Wonderful food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Cannot come to Gettysburg with a visit to the Lincoln Diner for breakfast. Like coming home!! Same wonderful staff, same great food cooke just right... Love it.

Visited July 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Gettysburg eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Open 24/7 so available after your hard day at the National Park.
Very good home made style meals at a reasonable price. Friendly wait stall. I would return again.

Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“HomeTown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This diner has all the fixings of old time diner of the 50's. The food is so good. The wait staff works hard and is always busy. Remember food is to order so enjoy as it is worth the wait.

Visited November 2011