“Shocked by good reviews”
Review of La Bella Italia

La Bella Italia
Ranked #30 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Shocked by good reviews”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

What a huge disappointment. Server had no personality and obviously didn't want to be at work. Italian restaurant that doesn't serve wine??!! Our water took almost 10 minutes. There was a cart next to our table that the servers were putting all dirty dishes in..slamming loudly without consideration of guests. I have NEVER sat next to dirty dishes in a restaurant ever! Place needs a really good cleaning. I know good food..especially good Italian food..and this place is not what it used to be. His lasagne did not taste fresh. When the server placed my chicken piccata in front of me..I was confused as to what I ordered. This dish was fluorescent yellow and almost gravy consistency. I sent it back. I didn't eat my side of penne marinara, the marinara was not good..there is no way possible the cooks in the kitchen are Italians. This place used to be great. Another disappointment in Gettysburg. I still had to pay for the side salad and side of pasta, this tells me they really need the money. We will not be back..

Visited August 2014
2 Thank SullivanGirls

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Food & Great Service!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My family and I had dinner here and the service was fantastic! The food was excellent as well. I thought the food was reasonably priced and the portions were generous.

• Visited July 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicous Italian Food and Great Staff”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had dinner here and the food was great and the staff was very friendly. The place was clean and the service was excellent.

Visited July 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Not Worth a 3 Rating”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Nice atmosphere, good service. But the food is sub par the Italian wedding soup is bland, as is the fettuccini Alfredo. The chicken parm was average. Pass on this.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank eaglesclaw121
Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This restaurant was on the way to our hotel, so we stopped in to try it for dinner. We were not disappointed. We got seated immediately and our service was excellent. The kids meals gave an adequate amount of food for the price. My husband & I shared a pizza was was delicious. We had a great quick meal and will definately stop back on our next trip to Gettysburg.

Visited July 2014