“Awesome !!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a great time, service was great and the food was very tasty and fresh. Claudio our server made the ambiance even better. If you go there, say hello to Claudio for us.

Imelda and Fernando from Tampa

1  Thank imelda p

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Visited here one night before a ghost tour in downtown Gettysburg and was pleased. The food was very good and the server was prompt and friendly. Restaurant is not in the downtown area so you will have to drive here if you're staying downtown. This restaurant reminded me of many pizza/Italian restaurants in PA in terms of the atmosphere and food, which is not a bad thing in my opinion.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We tried La Bella Italia last night for dinner and found it just adequate, nothing exceptional. The decor was pleasant, the service prompt, and the food merely OK, certainly not on par with the better Italian restaurants in NJ where we're from. You don't come to Gettysburg for really good Italian food, period. I should know better. My ziti with meat sauce was bland and watery. The bread was OK, and the salad loaded with iceberg lettuce, which has zero nutritional value. The marinara sauce tasted better. I doubt I'd ever go back to La Bella Italia, although the pizza looked pretty good. Maybe we'll just get pizza next time.

3  Thank DrumBob
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have not had the greatest food while in Gettysburg so we were pleased to find this pub. I am not a beer drinker but they have an amazing list of microbrews. I did have an interesting Irish Pear cider which was very good. My husband had some pizza which was delicious. I had very good eggplant parmesan and my daughter had a chicken sub which was supposed to be small but was a big sub. They served wonderful bread made on site with olive oil and herbs. The salad I had was fresh (maybe too much dressing for my taste, so maybe ask for the dressing on the side.) The waiter was attentive and helpful and very polite. We will be returning to this place over the next 4 years while our daughter is in school at Gettysburg. The restaurant was busy with locals?(a good sign) so it was a bit loud. Not a problem for me.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

And by great I mean great tasting and LARGE, so unless you are prepared to take home the left-overs just order a small. The restaurant has beer, but if you want wine with your meal you will need to bring your own.