“Our new Gettysburg favorite”

O'Rorke's Eatery & Spirits
Ranked #19 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2009

After working up an appetite walking the battlefields,we stopped here for dinner, on the hotels recommendation. Beautiful evening,so we ate outside. Both meals were fresh,well prepared,good portions,and reasonably priced. The best apple fritters, I ever ate. Ans Sam Adams Cherry Wheat on tap!! Our waitress was very attentive and had a great attitude. Usually we like to try different resaurants when on vacation, butur experience was so good, we went back again the next night, and we had a different waitress, who was every bit as good as the first. If we ever make it back to Gettysburg,I am sure to come back here, and heartily recommend it!

1  Thank TS1959
Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed March 29, 2009

My family went here after walking past it a few times. The atmosphere was really nice, we all enjoyed the Guinness posters on the wall. We were sat in a back booth and given our menus. Our server was nice, but I can't say that he was constantly attentive. It was almost like having a 9, 12 and 15 year old there wasn't acceptable. We all ordered and the food came fairly quickly, and it was pretty good. It was a little pricey for what we got, but it filled us up and we can't say that we hated it. My father was there once before on a night when they had a lot more customers and entertainment, he said that was the night to go as the atmosphere and service took on an entirely different tone. I think my boyfriend and I will have to try it on one of those nights!

Reviewed March 14, 2009

I ate at O'Rorke's with some NPS Ranger friends last weekend. It was the first time for any of us. It was quite good. I had a great Reuben, with some kinda bland fries, and some decent apple fritters. Our waitress was very nice and funny. The service was good and the value was as well. I recommend O'Rorke's for families or anyone looking for some good pub fare or Irish food.

Reviewed March 12, 2009

Trip Advisor reviews are usually fairly accurate, but I have to say that I do not agree with the reviews posted here. Our lunch was at best mediocre. The hamburgers were dried out, the french fries soggy and flavorless and the chicken parmesan tasted like it had been previously frozen, defrosted and slapped on a plate. Two cups of hot tea arrived with lukewarm water. When asked for hot water, servers brought some without any apologies. There was no warmth or friendliness from the staff. The restaurant temperature was also very chilly - ate with coats on. Maybe at dinnertime this place comes alive, but for lunch it's really not good.

Reviewed January 19, 2009

Friendly family atmosphere. Great food. Live music on weekends are great fun.