“Great food, location, accomodating outdoor seating”

O'Rorke's Eatery & Spirits
Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
“Great food, location, accomodating outdoor seating”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My daughter and I spent an additional day "on a lark" in Gettysburg. We couldn't resist to tour Soldier's cemetery and the battlefield at night. Stayed at 1863 Inn Gettysburg. Right across the street was O'Rorke's Eatery & Spirits. So glad we went. We were enthusiastic to dine outside to take in the activity on Steinwehr Ave. where we had visited the night before.

We were greeted and seated immediately, however, my perception of our server was one of haste. We were relaxed, she might have been busy? She presented us menus, and asked us for a beverage order which was fine, however, she appeared frustrated upon her return, that we were still undecided and I had a few questions. She was extraordinarily knowledgeable about her menu, no doubt, but appeared annoyed at our indecisiveness. I truly wasn't being difficult, "the customer from hell" or asking her inordinate questions. In so much I asked her, out of empathy, if she was having a difficult day. She denied it, which is the appropriate response, and instantly she changed her demeanor. Obviously, she took a "mental deep breath," and moved on. From there it was great. I complimented her on her expeditious service, attentiveness, the food, and the fact that she started to smile. All of which was really true!

Now, about that food! OH MY WORD! Two words: OUTSTANDING, PLENTIFUL! (see pics.) I'm always scared to order crab stuffed mushrooms from anywhere but Maryland, the "spoiled crab brat" I am, however these delicacies did NOT disappoint! Beautifully done, flavorful, real crab meat and large! "Wow!" We could have made a meal out of these! Needless to say, this was our appetizer.

My daughter ordered O'Rorke's version of Shrimp Scampi/Pasta. Beautiful! Nice size, plentiful shrimp, clean, nicely seasoned, tender and perfectly done. The pasta was just as delightful. (Yes! Thank you O'Rorke's, for seasoning your pasta water.) Al Dente, mild, yet seasoned to marry well with the shrimp.

As far as me? I'm at an Irish Pub. I wanted an Irish dish. I ordered the meatloaf. Yeah, meatloaf! Everybody has a take on them right? Good, bad or just o.k. I discovered "Meatloaf Nirvana" at O'Rorke's! Perfectly seasoned, done and awash in Guinness gravy. Gently bedded on homemade buttered mashed potatoes. Layers of goodness and flavor! It was intriguing and so inviting. The meatloaf held it's own and then you discover the mashed potatoes that held there own! The combination was unbelievable. Washed it down judiciously with an ice cold beer. MMM! MMM! MMM! I found a new comfort food!

The food is phenomenal, portions are generous, atmosphere and location is outstanding, pricing is appropriate. There is definite value for the dollar. I'll be back again! Our server young lady made such a nice recovery that we tipped her well. Actually, hope she's there again.

• Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Decent food, nice outdoor seating.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

It's fine for what it is. Stick with bar food - I probably wouldn't order a steak here, but their house Chardonnay is pretty good. Very nice outdoor seating too!

• Visited August 2013
Smyrna, Delaware, United States
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place has the biggest burger I have ever had and it's awesome. Love the apple fritters too, sitting on the deck is very enjoyable!

Visited July 2013
Fort Wayne
“GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The food was great!!! I had the Whitefish and my wife had the tuna fish meal. The portion was very good and the taste was excellent and all for a reasonable price at one of the fancier places in town. The place was crowded but the service was fast and very attentive. GIVE IT A 10+

Visited May 2013
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Best place to eat”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I just spent my whole weekend of 2013 Gettysburg bike week at O'Rorkes. I never had a bad meal and the service was great. As busy as they got over that weekend never did I wait very long to sit or for service. The owner who I think is the Queen of Gettysburg was always around checking on everything and keeping order on a crazy weekend. I would recommend O'Rorkes to any one I give it 5 stars. Keep up the great work O'Rorkes

• Visited July 2013