“I liked O'Rorke's!”

O'Rorke's Eatery & Spirits
Ranked #10 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brockton, Massachusetts
“I liked O'Rorke's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was Saturday, July 20th. Me and seven of my brothers had rode our motorcycles down from Massachusetts, and one of the guys travels to Gettysburgh a lot. After touring the battlefield on our bikes, we where hot, hungry,and thirsty, so Jack, the guy who knows Gettysburgh, took us to O'Rorke's. He had told us it was great. And it was! The 8 of us were seated promptly and our drink order taken. Some of the guys ordered beers but I just got and Iced Tea because it was so hot. It tasted great and the waitress re-filled it whenever it got low.
For lunch I ordered the Bangers and Chips sandwhich...it was HUGE! the Saurkraut was very tasty, and I got plenty of French Fries with it, which were great. I didn't think I would be able to finish the whole order, but i did. The guys commented on how tasty it looked, and they all enjoyed their own orders...Jay, who was sitting next to me ordered the Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, and it looked DELICIOUS! I didn't have any room to ask him if i could try it. My buddy Jim had the Big Burger, and it looked really good, too...
If i make it back to Gettysburgh, I would go to O'Rorke's again.

1 Thank mike r

Hamburg, Pennsylvania
“Wasn't what I expected after reading the reviews.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived in Gettysburg about 10:00 in the morning on the 26th. Check time at the Inn wasn't till 3:00 so we spent the spare time touring the Battlefield (I'm a Buff so I know my way around). We checked in and my wife and son went to the pool while I started looking for a place to dine that evening.
I went through the Inn Advisory first and found O'Rorke's. It was just across the street so I checked out their Website. There were two, just two, reviews on the place and both were 5 star. I checked out the menu and yes, it was pub food but there was some seafood dishes offered ( We get a lot of everything else at home so when we actually go out to a sit down meal we like to get seafood). When the wife and boy came back from the pool I showed them the info on the place and it was agreed that we would eat there tonight.
As we walked in through the patio from the back of the place almost all the outdoor seating was full. I was worried that we might have a long wait to be seated but there was plenty of seating inside and we were seated immediately. With all the seating that was available they placed us at a most precarious spot. My seat was in the alley way from the kitchen to the bar. I kept getting bumped the entire time we where there.
Anyway, the waiter was there within a few moments, handed out the menus and took our drink orders. When he came back with the drinks, the boy ordered A fish sandwich with fries. The wife ordered a basket of fried shrimp and chicken strips with fries and I ordered the fried scallops and steak fries. We all had the coleslaw as our other side. The waiter took our orders and headed off to the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later to tell me they were out of steak fries so I substituted with rice. (I don't like ordering fries. It is rare anyone makes them correctly).
Well it didn't take long for our orders to come out. There was more than ample helpings of everything. Of course the fries were soggy and greasy. My white rice was gummy and clumped together, cold and without butter. The coleslaw was just chopped cabbage with watered down Mayo. The boy said his fish sandwich wasn't bad. The wife said that her shrimp and chicken wasn't bad either and I ate all of my scallops.
Bottom line is as it is at any restaurant, the food. Again, I can only attest to this one meal but it was not good. The price was a little steep for three people to eat. But, since the waiter was attentive he was well rewarded.

New York City, New York
“Good place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife went for lunch Sunday July 28th, very nice old fashioned bar we sat in the back had 2 turkey clubs and some sweet tea. Food was great service was great no complaints.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food , great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just across the road from the 1863 Inn. Good food, lots of choice. Not overly expensive. Had a group on when we visited . Very friendly atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Perfect place in the perfect town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

At Gettysburg you must have a lunch at O'Rourkes. The burgers and sandwiches are just the right touch in the middle of the Gettysburg battlefield. Across the street from the 1863 Inn at Gettysburg, and surrounded by gift shops. You can tour the field in the morning, with a licensed guide, chow down in air conditioned comfort and proceed to all the gift shops. The food is excellent quality and ample portions are supplied. A regular stop for anyone visiting the Gettysburg area.