“It was fine, but not sure I'd return.”

The Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2007

It was our first trip to Gettysburg, we heard some good thing about The Pub so we went on a Thursday evening about six o'clock, we had a 10 minute wait, but afterwards it got crazy busy! Both my hubby and I got the soup and salad combo, I got the chili in the bread bowl and ranch dressing on my salad. The bread bowl was good, the salad was good, but my ranch dressing was sort of runny, the chili was okay, I thought it was way too thick, although my hubby loved it. He got the crab chowder for his soup and he didn't like it very well, he ended up eating most of my chili. My 13 year old son got the BLT paninni (spelling???) with the homemade potato chips, he loved the BLT and we all loved the homemade chips.

I wasn't really impressed with the menu, mostly sandwiches and burgers of which I'm not a fan, but if you are into those kind of foods, I'm sure you'd love the place. Our service was extremely slow!!! My son ordered the chocolate cake with peanut butter fudge icing and reesie cups, the icing was good (although way too sweet for my liking), but the cake was kind of dry---although it was a huge piece!

This place was okay, and I might go back for a lunch one day, if it wasn't busy, but I definitely preferred the Dobbin's house tavern (in the basement) over this place.

Reviewed June 13, 2007

Although the service was very good, we found the food here to be mediocre. The waiter recommended the hot seafood jacket. I love seafood but not this dish. I didn't finish it as I found that it tasted terrible. The beer batter fries were very good and my niece was happy with her burger. Nice surroundings. But all in all just an average kind of place.

Reviewed June 6, 2007

I was in Gettysburg in June of 2007. While out walking around the historic downtown area, our group decided to stop in at a little restaurant that looked nice. Inside out, the Pub & Restaurant is apealing to the eye. The color scheme is blue. Our meal was great. All of the food was hot and the drinks were nice and cold. The service was prompt and kind. We would definitely go back!

Reviewed October 13, 2006

This place was packed, so we sat at the bar. Service lacked a little, but they were swamped! Had a buffalo chicken sandwich and my wife had 3 bean chili. Both were excellent

Reviewed June 23, 2006

The Pub is in the square of town in the middle of quaint shops. I had the BLTC burger (Bacon, lettuce, tomato and cheese) with french fries. There was a huge plate of food and it tasted great after a long morning walking on the battlefields. The decor is nice with a tin ceiling and stained glass windows. My burger was done just as I asked and the fries were nice and crunchy. I would go back as the diners behind me had a huge piece of cake that looked terrific.