“Great lunch at the Pub.”

The Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2006

The Pub is in the square of town in the middle of quaint shops. I had the BLTC burger (Bacon, lettuce, tomato and cheese) with french fries. There was a huge plate of food and it tasted great after a long morning walking on the battlefields. The decor is nice with a tin ceiling and stained glass windows. My burger was done just as I asked and the fries were nice and crunchy. I would go back as the diners behind me had a huge piece of cake that looked terrific.

Reviewed February 28, 2006

Have never had a bad experience here. Food's great, service is great and the bar is awesome. Bear in mind, during the school year it's a huge college hangout & can get crowded early and quickly on the weekends.....

1  Thank Star_Blonde
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 17, 2005

We waited an hour to get seated. Then, no waiter. We waited another 30 min. When we showed annoyance with the super slow service, they sent out an "attack manager" accused us of being rude and ungrateful customers. We left without eating. This was the worst dining experience we have ever had. This place is very popular because of its location and pricing, so the management doesn't care whether you have a quality experience or not.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Glenside, PA
Reviewed November 6, 2005

My wife and I were repeatedly ignored by the bartender at this place, which we had visited twice before and enjoyed immensely. After more than ten minutes of the bartender's intentional avoidance, my wife got her attention and asked for service. She muttered something under her breath and continued to ignore us. We finally left in disgust.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2005

Nothing to write home about here. Service average or below.
I had potato soup and salad combo, husband had chili and salad combo with a grilled cheese sandwich also. We were not impressed. The lettuce they used for the salad tasted more like garnish than salad. The grilled cheese was more like a toasted cheese. We were completely unimpressed. Lincoln diner was much better and less expensive.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member